Plain Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Plain Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Wheat fields on Union Hill Road
Location of Plain Township in Wood County
|• Total||25.5 sq mi (65.9 km2)|
|• Land||25.4 sq mi (65.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||65/sq mi (25/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087195|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Middleton Township - north
- Center Township - east
- Portage Township - southeast corner
- Liberty Township - south
- Milton Township - southwest corner
- Weston Township - west
- Washington Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Plain township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Archived from the original on June 6, 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Leeson, Michael A. (1897). Commemorative Historical and Biographical Record of Wood County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, Early Settlement and Development. J.H. Beers & Company. p. 383.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.