|• Total||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|• Density||3,400/sq mi (1,300/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Plains is a census-designated place (CDP) in Plains Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population of the CDP was 4,335 at the 2010 census, out of 9,961 in the entire township.
Plains CDP is located in the western portion of Plains Township at  It is bordered by the city of Wilkes-Barre to the south and the Susquehanna River to the west. The CDP of Hilldale is to the north, and Hudson is to the east..
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.3 km2), all of it land. It is served by Exit 3 on the North Cross Valley Expressway (Pennsylvania Route 309).
- Bruce Kozerski, former American football center in the National Football League for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Hank Kozlowski, sportswriter
- Ed Walsh, Hall of Fame baseball player from the Chicago White Sox
- Lieutenant General John J. Yeosock, Commanding Army General during Operation Desert Storm.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Plains CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Plains CDP, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
|This Luzerne County, Pennsylvania state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|