The church and shops in Plaisir
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Joséphine Kollmannsberger|
|18.68 km2 (7.21 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||92–173 m (302–568 ft) |
(avg. 111 m or 364 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Plaisir (French pronunciation: [plɛziʁ]) is a commune located in the heart of the Yvelines department in the Île-de-France in north-central France. It is located in the western suburbs of Paris, 29.5 km (18.3 mi) from the center of Paris.
Plaisir has managed to preserve its twelfth century church. Its varied territory is characterised by large agricultural plains, many green spaces and a forest area that together occupy half of its surface.
Between 1968 and 1990, Plaisir has seen explosive growth in its population, but since then, the town's policy has been to contain growth and aim for stabilisation, in order to main the local quality of living as well as the natural spaces (forests and agricultural lands).
It has a major shopping mall that is still expanding. This commercial activity has been a boon for local tax revenues, but also led to congestion of its roads.
Aside from this commercial activity, Plaisir is also home to a number of other activities, for instance it is home to the Zodiaxc corporation and hosts the Lenôtre culinary school which attracts students from across the globe.
The inhabitants are called Plaisirois.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE (1968-2017)|
The commune has 17 preschools with 1,560 students and 13 elementary schools with 2,273 students, with a total of 3,843 students.
Secondary schools in Plaisir:
- Collège Guillaume-Apollinaire
- Collège Blaise-Pascal et SEGPA
- Lycée Jean Vilar
Secondary schools in nearby municipalities:
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2018". INSEE. 28 December 2020.
- Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Plaisir, EHESS. (in French)
- Population en historique depuis 1968, INSEE
- "Etablissements." Plaisir. Retrieved on September 2, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Plaisir (Yvelines).|