Planet News is a book of poetry written by Allen Ginsberg and published by City Lights. It is number twenty three in the Pocket Poets series. It contains poems written by Ginsberg between 1961 and 1967, many written during his travels to India, Japan, Europe, Africa, and many other places. Poems in this collection include:
- "Television was a Baby Crawling Toward that Deathchamber"
- "This form of Life needs Sex"
- "Stotras to Kali Destroyer of Illusions"
- "Describe: The Rain on Dasaswamedh"
- "Death News"—about his first reactions upon hearing of the death of William Carlos Williams
- "The Change: Kyoto-Tokyo Express"
- "Why is God Love, Jack?"—addressing Jack Kerouac
- "After Yeats"
- "I am a Victim of Telephone"
- "Kral Majales"—about being nominated "The King of May"
- "Who Be Kind To"
- "First Party at Ken Kesey's with Hell's Angels"
- "Wichita Vortex Sutra"
- "City Midnight Junk Strains"
- "Wales Visitation"
- Morgan, Bill (1995). The works of Allen Ginsberg, 1941-1994 : a descriptive bibliography. Bibliographies and indexes in American Literature. Westport: Greenwood. pp. 24–26. ISBN 9780313293894. ISSN 0742-6860. LCCN 94-41266. OCLC 650305543. Retrieved 13 November 2014 – via Google Books.
- Heims, Neil (2013). Allen Ginsberg (e-book). Great Writers. New York: Chelsea House. ISBN 9781438148366. Retrieved 13 November 2014 – via Google Books.
|This article about a collection of written poetry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|