|Genres||Electro funk, freestyle, old school hip hop|
|Years active||1982–1984; 2006–present|
|Labels||Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records|
Planet Patrol is an American electro group originating in the 1980s. The members were Arthur Baker, John Robie, and a quintet of vocalists led by Herbert J. Jackson: lead singer Joseph Lites, Rodney Butler, Michael Anthony Jones, and Melvin B. Franklin (not to be confused with Melvin Franklin of The Temptations). The group only produced a single album, the self-titled Planet Patrol in 1983, which peaked at #64 on the Billboard R&B Albums chart.
- Planet Patrol (1983) - Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records (01002)
- A1. "Cheap Thrills"
- A2. "Danger Zone"
- A3. "I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock and Roll)"
- B4. "Play at Your Own Risk" (Remix)
- B5. "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference"
- B6. "Don't Tell Me"
- "Play At Your Own Risk" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00825, 1982)
- "Cheap Thrills" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00834, 1983) - UK #64
- "I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock and Roll)" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00837, 1983)
- "Danger Zone" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00846, 1984)
- "Planet Patrol > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Retrieved on October 12, 2009.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 266. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.