Planetary performing in 2006, Philadelphia
|Birth name||Mario Collazo|
|Born||August 8th, 1978|
|Origin||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
Army of the Pharaohs
Crypt the Warchild
Mario Collazo (better known by his stage name Planetary) is an underground rapper from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Collazo is one half of the rap duo OuterSpace and is a member of Army of the Pharaohs.
Early career (1995-1999)
Planetary started rapping with high school friends Marcus Albaladejo and Richard Cruz. The trio later went on to form the group OuterSpace. The group originally started to form in the early 90s and eventually lead to an alliance with fellow Philladelphians Jedi Mind Tricks and their label Superegular Recordings. In 1998, Superegular released their debut single "We Lyve" which was met with critical praise for its complex, scientific rhymes and ethereal, seemingly other-worldly beats.
Outerspace appeared on several JMT tracks and in 1999 the Illegaliens EP was released in on the Wordsound label. Soon thereafter, Outerspace hooked up with DJ SAT ONE and began recording with Jazzy Jeff's production company A Touch of Jazz. This collaboration proved fruitful with the release of the SAT ONE produced Danger Zone 12" on Soulspazm Records.
Blood and Ashes (2000-2004)
Crypt continued to work alongside as a rap duo with OuterSpace and appeared on Jedi Mind Tricks' albums through the early 2000s and became a part of Paz's supergroup Army of the Pharaohs. He was also featured on Army of the Pharaohs compilation album; Rare Shit, Collabos and Freestyles. In May 2004, Outerspace released Jedi Mind Tricks Presents Outerspace A collection of Outerspace's 12" and previously unreleased tracks from the Superegular label era, loyalists were treated to unreleased music, while new fans were given the chance to experience the tracks that established Outerspace's underground presence. After OuterSpace moved with Jedi Mind Tricks over to Babygrande Records, they went on to release their debut studio album Blood and Ashes, in July 2004. The Album features collaborations by Jedi Mind Tricks member Vinnie Paz, Immortal Technique, Sadat X from Brand Nubian and fellow A.O.T.P. members 7L & Esoteric, Celph Titled, Des Devious & King Syze.
- 2004: Jedi Mind Tricks Presents: OuterSpace
- 2004: Blood and Ashes
- 2006: Blood Brothers
- 2008: God's Fury
- 2011: My Brother's Keeper
- 2015: Lost in Space
- TBA (with Brutal Music) (TBA)
Army of the Pharaohs
- 2006: The Torture Papers
- 2007: Ritual of Battle
- 2010: The Unholy Terror
- 2014: In Death Reborn
- 2014: Heavy Lies the Crown
- "Outerspace". Hmvdigital.com. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- "Outerspace Biography - ARTISTdirect Music". Artistdirect.com. 2004-07-27. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- Glazer, Joshua "Blood and Ashes Review", Allmusic, retrieved 2010-07-24
- "Stu Bangas - Straight Death 2, Blaq Poet Society 2, Stu..." Facebook.com. 2013-02-22. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- "Army Of The Pharaohs - The Unholy Terror - Audio CD - Underground Hip Hop - Store". Underground Hip Hop. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Army Of The Pharaohs - In Death Reborn originally due 2012 - Still not released -". Hip Hop Site. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2013-05-04.