Planets of the Universe
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Planets of the Universe"|
|Single by Stevie Nicks|
|from the album Trouble in Shangri-La|
|B-side||"Planets of the Universe" (radio edit)|
|Released||May 1, 2001|
|Format||CD single, 12-inch double-pack, digital download|
|Producer(s)||John Shanks, Stevie Nicks|
|Stevie Nicks singles chronology|
"Planets of the Universe" is a song by American singer/songwriter Stevie Nicks. The song was first recorded as a demo during the recording sessions for the 1977 Fleetwood Mac album, Rumours, and this demo was included on the 2-disc Rumours expanded re-release in 2004. The song earned Nicks a nomination for the Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
In 2001, Nicks released an edited version of the song (omitting almost 2 minutes of material) on her solo album Trouble in Shangri-La, having recorded a completely new full-length version in 2000.
The song was released on 2 CD singles, one of which was a maxi-single with dance remixes and the full-length, unedited 2000 version. A double 12-inch vinyl set was also issued as a limited edition in the US and featured the track listing of the CD maxi-single. Both physical CD singles and 12-inch vinyl release are no longer available from Reprise Records.
- 2-track single
- "Planets of the Universe" (album version)
- "Planets of the Universe" (radio edit)
- 6-track single/Double 12-inch vinyl
- "Planets of the Universe" (Tracy Young Club Mix)
- "Planets of the Universe" (Tracy Young Universal Dub)
- "Planets of the Universe" (Illicit Club Mix)
- "Planets of the Universe" (Illicit Vocal Mix)
- "Planets of the Universe" (Illicit Vocal Dub Instrumental)
- "Planets of the Universe" (Extended album version)
The 'extended album version' is a misnomer as it is actually the full-length, unedited, newly recorded 2000 version, including extra lyrics and coda, previously only demoed in the 1976 Rumours sessions.
- Stevie Nicks – vocals, keyboards, percussion
- Sharon Celani – backing vocals
- Lori Nicks – backing vocals
- Steve Ferrone – drums
- John Shanks – guitars, bass
|U.S. Billboard Dance Singles||1|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 189.
- http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=stevie+nicks+planets+of+the+universe&x=17&y=19 (Deleted CD single)
"Keep Control" by Sono
|Hot Dance Club Play number-one single
August 11, 2001
"Someone to Call My Lover" by Janet Jackson
|This 2000s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|