Plano High School (Illinois)
|Plano High School|
|704 W. Abe St.
Plano, Illinois 60545
|School type||Public high school|
|Motto||Strive for Excellence|
|School district||Plano Community Unit School District #88|
|Principal||Eric M. Benson|
|Faculty||44.66 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Enrollment||619 (as of 2012) |
|Student to teacher ratio||13.86 |
Plano High School is a public high school in Plano, Illinois, USA, serving students in grades 9–12. The school is part of the Plano Community Unit School District #88. This school had an average ACT score of 18.8 in 2013, and had 44 percent of students meeting or exceeding standards on the PSAE.
Due to high population growth rates in Plano, an addition was built in 2007-2008 to alleviate overcrowding.
In the fall of 2010, principal William Johnson announced his retirement after serving as principal for seven years. In the spring of 2010, it was announced that Eric M. Benson would take over the position.
The high schools in the neighboring cities of Plano and Sandwich have an historic rivalry. The two are members of the same conference, the Interstate Eight Conference. The rivalry game has garnered names such as the "War of the Line" and the "Battle of US 34" due to the location of US 34 passing through the communities and Sandwich's municipal limits coming into Kendall County, where Plano is also located.
Plano operates on a 7:40 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. schedule. The school does not allow off-campus lunch.
The Plano Varsity football team has competed in, and won, two IHSA state championships, in 2006 and 2007.
The Plano boys' basketball team hosts the Plano Christmas Classic basketball tournament annually in late December.
- Plano High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 1, 2014.
- Gould, Greg. "About Us". Reaper Nation. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Event to honor staff retiring from Plano Schools". The Beacon-news. Chicago Tribune. 17 May 2011. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Benson, Eric. "Eric Benson". LinkedIn. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Lidinsky, Bill. "Sandwich Stands Tall in Rivalry Match Up". Northern Illinois Sports Beat. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- Armstrong, Rick. "Sandwich edges Plano in 'War on 34'". The Beacon-News. Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Student Handbook" (PDF). Plano School District. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Troupes". Illinois Thespians. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Illinois State Football Champions". Maxpreps. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Christmas Classic 2013". RockCreekBall. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Plano High School website
- Plano High School report card
- Plano High School Sports Schedules
- PHS Athletics
- Reaper Nation