Plans Within Plans
|Plans Within Plans|
|Studio album by MxPx|
|Released||April 3, 2012|
|Genre||Punk rock, skate punk|
|Under The Gun Review||6/10 |
Plans Within Plans is the eleventh studio album by American punk rock band MxPx, which was released on April 3, 2012. It is their first original album since 2007's Secret Weapon (the longest gap, to date, between two consecutive MxPx studio releases). The album was released on Rock City Recording Company (MxPx's label) as well as a few others in various countries including Japan (Bullion Records), Europe/UK (Flix Records) and Australia/New Zealand (El Shaddai Records). Plans Within Plans was written, recorded, and produced by the band.
Vocalist/bassist Mike Herrera commented on the album's title:
I struggled with this album title for a long time. I had been recording this album between tours and booking tours, studio sessions, and trying to live somewhat of a normal life. Life got in the way of that. Plans Within Plans was the only way I could describe all the mayhem that was going on behind the scenes of putting this collection of brand new songs together. I was and still am literally flying off the rails trying to juggle all the jobs that need doing to keep this ship afloat. I'm the captain going down with the ship...but just maybe we'll make to land before we all drown.
All tracks written by Mike Herrera.
|5.||"In the Past"||2:29|
|6.||"Best of Times"||3:27|
|7.||"Stay On Your Feet"||3:11|
|10.||"Cast Down My Heart"||2:11|
|11.||"When It Comes to You"||3:19|
|13.||"Nothing's Gonna Change"||2:40|
- Mike Herrera — bass, lead vocals
- Tom Wisniewski — guitar, backing vocals
- Yuri Ruley — drums, percussion
- "Album Review: MxPx - Plans Within Plans". Bigsmilemagazine.com. 2012-04-03. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "MxPx - Plans Within Plans". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Plans Within Plans at AllMusic
- "REVIEW: MxPx: 'Plans Within Plans'". Under the Gun Review. April 9, 2012.
- "AND NOW THE BIG REVEAL! THE NAME OF OUR NEXT ALBUM!". mxpx.com. 2011-12-19. Retrieved 2011-12-19.