|Municipality of Plaridel
Bayan ng Plaridel
Map of Quezon showing the location of Plaridel
|Region||CALABARZON (Region IV-A)|
|District||4th district of Quezon|
|Founded||June 16, 1962|
|• Mayor||Bernardo V. Tumagay|
|• Total||35.05 km2 (13.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||5th class|
Plaridel is a fifth class municipality in the province of Quezon, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 10,935 people. The municipality was created in 1962 by virtue of Republic Act 3493, its territories carved out from Atimonan.
The smallest municipality in the province of Quezon, Plaridel has an area of 33 square kilometers comprising nine barangays - four of which are poblaciones - and its population is around 11,000. It lies between the towns of Atimonan and Gumaca, hugging the coastline of the Province alongside Maharlika Highway. Its inhabitants are occupied primarily with fishing. Those engaged inAgriculture plant mostly coconut and rice. A visitor this town must taste and savor its local version of Suman.
- Central (Pob.)
- Paang Bundok (Pob.)
- Paaralan or Pampaaralan (Pob.)
- M. L. Tumagay (Pob.)
Barangays Duhat, Ilaya, and Ilosong are south of the Poblacion, and are accessed by a paved road which connects with the National Maharlika Highway at Brgy. Pampaaralan (also called Paaralan). This road is also the main access to Brgy. Kulawit, part of the Municipality of Atimonan to the west.
|Population census of Plaridel|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Office|
- Roman Catholic
- Iglesia Ni Cristo
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Bible Baptist
Elected officials 2013-2016:
- Mayor: Bernardo V. Tumagay
- Vice Mayor: Robert I. Magbuhos
- Wilfredo M. Magbuhos Jr.
- Rico N. Alvarez
- Rolando V. Borja
- Ronald M. Papag
- Ernesto B. Deseo
- Serafin V. Valonzo
- Carlos L. Campomanes
- Francisco Joel S. Abuel Jr.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Province: QUEZON". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- "Highlights of the Philippine Population 2015 Census of Population". 2015 Census of Population and Housing. Philippine Statistics Office. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 3493 - An Act Creating the Municipality of Plaridel in the Province of Quezon". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 16 June 1962. Retrieved 2 March 2016.
- An Act Creating the Municipality of Plaridel in the Province of Quezon
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System