Plasnewydd (English: New Manor) is a community and electoral ward of Cardiff, Wales. It falls within the parliamentary constituency of Cardiff Central. It is bounded by the electoral wards of Cyncoed to the north; Penylan to the northeast; Adamsdown to the southwest; and Cathays to the west. It mainly covers the district of Roath. The ward population taken at the 2011 census was 18,166.
Plasnewydd ward elects four councillors to sit on Cardiff Council. The Council's Liberal Democrat leader Rodney Berman represented the Plasnewydd ward until he was defeated, following two recounts, in the May 2012 Council elections. All four seats were then represented by the Labour Party.
- Mackintosh Community Centre
- Shelly Gardens
- Plasnewydd Community Hall
- Saint Peter's RC Primary School
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Date announced for Cardiff council by-election in Roath", Wales Online, 17 August 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Cardiff council's Rodney Berman toppled in cull of leaders", BBC News, 4 May 2012. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
|This Cardiff location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|