Plastic (New Order song)
|Single by New Order|
|from the album Music Complete|
|Released||16 September 2015|
"Plastic" is a song by English rock band New Order. It was released digitally on 16 September 2015 as an advanced download from their tenth studio album, Music Complete. An actual physical release of the single nor additional remixes has not been released as of yet. The song itself debuted as new material at the Chicago Aragon Ballroom on January 7. The song is the second released from the album, itself, and deals with a man who is in a struggling relationship with a woman. La Roux's Elly Jackson provides backing vocals. The song received critical acclaim, with many critics praising the song as their best song in decades.
The song received more praise than New Order's first single from Music Complete, "Restless". It has garnered critical acclaim, with some claiming that the song itself was their greatest hit in decades. Consequence of Sound stated that the song itself was "so addicting". Rolling Stone said that the single was "entrancing" and how it "communicated through New Order's distinctive style."
|1.||"Plastic" (featuring Elly Jackson)||6:56|
- Breihan, Tom (2 July 2014). "Watch New Order Debut "Plastic" In Chicago". Stereogum. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Rachel, T. Cole (22 September 2015). "New Order: Music Complete". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Plastic - New Order (New Song - Chicago Aragon Ballroom - 01/07/2014)". www.youtube.com. YouTube. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "New Order - Plastic". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- Roffman, Michael. "New Order just dropped their best song in decades, "Plastic" — listen". consequenceofsound.net. Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "New Order Channel Donna Summer on Pulse-Racing New Single, 'Plastic'". Retrieved 2015-09-17.