Plastic Raygun was a record label based in Cardiff, the capital of Wales, that specialised in breakbeat artists. The company was formed in the mid-1990s by Maf Lewis, Steven Robson and Neil Cocker organising and hosting concerts, featuring artists such as the Propellerheads and Bentley Rhythm Ace. They followed in 2000 with an official record label adding label manager Sam Evans.
The signing of artists Stabilizer and Dynamo Dresden were significant to the label. Dynamo Dresden's 2006 album Remember, released on the Plastic Raygun label, saw widespread release in the US, UK, and Spain. Prior to the album releases by Dynamo Dresden and Stabilizer, Plastic Raygun had made a name for itself selling thousands of 12" singles across the world, with its artists touring on five continents.
The following artists have recorded on the Plastic Raygun label:
- Phantom Beats
- Vandal (Electronica/Breakbeat producer)
- Jean Jacques Smoothie
- Dynamo Dresden
- Brothomstates (as Brothomstates and Bromide War)
- "JJS on TOTP". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2013-03-02.[dead YouTube link]
- "Board of Directors". Welsh Music Foundation. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "RA: Jean Jacques Smoothie - Kickin it Welsh-side". Residentadvisor.net. 2004-04-01. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Plastic Raygun on ResidentAdvisor". Archived from the original on 2005-02-26. Retrieved 2006-07-10.
- "Plastic Raygun on Allrecordlabels.com". Archived from the original on 2006-06-29. Retrieved 2006-07-10.