The plastics industry manufactures polymer materials — commonly called plastics — and offers services in plastics important to a range of industries, including packaging, building and construction, electronics, aerospace, and transportation.
Besides plastics production, plastics engineering is an important part of the industrial sector. The latter field is dominated by engineering plastic as raw material because of its better mechanical and thermal properties than the more widely used commodity plastics.
Plastics production grows globally. The numbers include thermoplastics and polyurethanes, as well as thermosets, adhesives, coatings and sealants and PP-fibers. Data was gathered by PlasticsEurope (PEMRG) and Consultic.
- Alexander Crum Brown discovered the carbon double bond in ethylene
- James Swinburne, the Father of British Plastics, revolutionized the plastics industry in Europe
- American Plastics Council (trade association)
- Society of the Plastics Industry
- American Chemistry Council
- British Plastics Federation (trade association)
Countries and sites
- Beccles is a town in England which is a center of the plastics industry
- Erie, Pennsylvania is a center of the plastics industry in the United States
- Oyonnax is called Plastic Valley in France
- Stenungsund is a town in Sweden which is considered to be a centre for the plastic industry in Scandinavia
Journals and conferences
- Chinaplas (China)
- K (Germany)
- Plastimagen (Mexico)
- Plastivision (India)
- Plastpol (Poland)
- Interplas (United Kingdom)
- Interplastica (Russia)
- "Plastics – the Facts 2014/2015; An analysis of European plastics production, demand and waste data" (PDF). www.plasticseurope.org.
- "consultic - consultic". www.consultic.de. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Supreme Indian Plastics Industries
- The Society of the Plastics Industry (SPI)
- Plastic Industry
- Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA)
- My Plastics Industry (MPI)
- Plastic Industry (MAPP)
- Plastics Industry Recruiters
- Emirates National Factory for Plastic Industry
- British Plastics Federation (BPF)
- Polymers Center of Excellence, Training and Testing for the Polymers Industry
|This industry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|