|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A platinum jubilee is a celebration held to mark an anniversary. Among monarchies, it usually refers to a 70th anniversary. For example, King Bhumibol of Thailand celebrated his platinum jubilee on 9 June 2016. Another example is Queen Elizabeth II, who could celebrate her platinum jubilee in 2022 (at the age of 95 years and 292 days old) in the United Kingdom and the rest of the Commonwealth realms.
In South Asian usage, a "platinum jubilee" refers not to an anniversary, but the celebration of 75 weeks. For instance, in Pakistan and India, a platinum jubilee film is one shown in cinemas for 75 weeks or more. The success measure for a 'super hit film' is minimum six months release on its main cinema.
The next level of celebration, an anniversary of 100 years, is simply called a centenary.
- Silver jubilee
- Golden jubilee
- Diamond jubilee
- Ruby jubilee
- Wedding anniversary#Celebration and gifts
- Hierarchy of precious substances
- "A Point of View: Making sense of six decades on the throne". BBC News.
- "Thailand Celebrates Monarch's Platinum Jubilee". Benarnews.org. Retrieved 2016-06-11.
- "Pakistan's Platinum Jubilee Films". Pakistan Film Magazine.
- Ramma Kapoor. Learning is Fun:Times Tables. Allied Publishers. p. 32.