Plato Township, Kane County, Illinois
Location in Kane County
Kane County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||33.51 sq mi (86.8 km2)|
|• Land||33.51 sq mi (86.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||184/sq mi (71/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60123, 60140, 60151, 60175
Plato Township is one of sixteen townships in Kane County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 6,166 and it contained 2,182 housing units. It was originally named Homer Township; the name was changed to Plato on July 2, 1850.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 33.51 square miles (86.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bowes at
- Bowes Bend at
- Chippewa at
- Hidden Lakes at
- McQueen at
- North Plato at
- Plato Center at
- Plato Corners at
- Silent Meadow at
- Tamara Heights at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
Airports and landing strips
- Olson Airport
The township contains these five cemeteries: Plato Center, L R Baker, North Plato, Udina and Washington Memorial.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Central Community Unit School District 301
- Community Unit School District 300
- School District U-46
- St. Charles Community Unit School District 303
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 49
- State Senate District 25
- "Plato Township, Kane County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.