Station building, view from the tracks
|Location||Bridge & Dock Streets
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
|Line(s)||Canadian Pacific Railway|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Station code||Amtrak code: PLB|
|Passengers (2015)||13,989 3.95%|
D & H Railroad Complex
|Location||Plattsburgh, New York, USA|
|Area||18 acres (7.3 ha)|
|Architect||Fuller & Wheeler|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian|
|MPS||Plattsburgh City MRA|
|NRHP Reference #||82001102|
|Added to NRHP||November 12, 1982|
Plattsburgh is an Amtrak intercity train station in Plattsburgh, New York. Two trains, one in each direction, serve Plattsburgh daily, taking passengers north towards Montreal and south towards New York City on the Adirondack line.
The Plattsburgh station was opened in 1886, previously used as a Delaware and Hudson Railway Depot, and was designed by Albany architects Fuller & Wheeler, in the French Provincial style. It has been listed under the National Register of Historic Places since November 12, 1982. Currently Amtrak only uses a small office downstairs at track level while the above space holds law offices, a media production business, and financial investment offices.
The station has one low-level side platform on the west side of the track.
|Street level||Exit/entrance and station house|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Track 1||← Adirondack toward New York City (Port Kent)
Adirondack toward Montreal (Rouses Point) →
- Existing Railroad Stations in New York State (Clinton County)
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of New York" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Plattsburgh Station (PLB): Great American Stations (Amtrak)
- Potter, Janet Greenstein (1996). Great American Railroad Sations. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. p. 177. ISBN 978-0471143895.
- Clinton County Listings at the National Register of Historic Places
- Media related to Plattsburgh Amtrak Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Plattsburgh, NY
- Plattsburgh, NY (PLB) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
- Plattsburgh Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
|This New York train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|