Location of Plattville in Kendall County, Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|• Mayor||June McCord (acting)|
|• Total||2.49 sq mi (6.44 km2)|
|• Land||2.49 sq mi (6.44 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||104.18/sq mi (40.23/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||630 / 331/815|
Plattville is a village in Lisbon Township, Kendall County, Illinois, United States, west of Joliet. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 242. The community was established in 1860 and named after founder Daniel Platt, who first built a home there in 1834 on the Frink and Walker stagecoach route between Chicago and Ottawa.
Plattville was officially incorporated in March 2006 and had an estimated population of 245 in 2007. Plattville's first mayor was George "Jerry" Friel, who died in 2009. He was instrumental in his role in incorporating the village of Plattville in the mid-2000s, and spent some of his own money to file the town's incorporation papers.
Plattville is in south-central Kendall County, 17 miles (27 km) west of the center of Joliet but less than 1 mile (1.6 km) west of the city's western limits. The village is part of the Chicago metropolitan area. Yorkville lies to the north, and Lisbon lies to the southwest.
According to the 2010 census, Plattville has a total area of 2.27 square miles (5.88 km2), all land.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 30, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- Kendall County History Archived 2009-08-13 at the Wayback Machine
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Plattville village, Illinois". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Geographical Features and Place Names of Kendall County". The USGenWeb Project.
- "Historical Hotels and Inns of Kendall County, Illinois". The USGenWeb Project.
- "2007 New Incorporations". Geography Division, United States Census Bureau. 2006-05-19. Archived from the original (TXT) on 2008-10-05. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- "Table 4. Annual Estimates of the Population for Incorporated Places in Illinois: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2007". United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2007-07-10. Archived from the original (CSV) on September 26, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Vergara, Rowena (2009-06-09). "Plattville says goodbye to its first mayor". Aurora Beacon News. Retrieved 7 July 2009.[dead link]
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|This Kendall County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|