North American PlayStation Blog as of March 15, 2011
Type of site
|Owner||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
|Created by||Patrick Seybold|
PlayStation Blog (also stylized as PlayStation.Blog) is a PlayStation focused blog. It is a part of the PlayStation Network and was launched on June 11, 2007. It often features exclusive interviews and behind-the-scene takes with major video gaming companies such as Square Enix as well as posts from high-ranking Sony Interactive Entertainment executives such as Jack Tretton, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sony Computer Entertainment. They also organize activities and events for PlayStation fans throughout the United States.
A European version of the PlayStation Blog, known as PlayStation Blog Europe, was launched on May 28, 2009. iOS and Android users are able to read the European blog on their mobile devices via the Official PlayStation App. A new section of the North American PlayStation Blog called PlayStation Blog Share was launched on March 17, 2010 which allows readers to submit ideas to the PlayStation Blog team about anything PlayStation-related as well as vote on the ideas of other submissions.
The blog underwent a facelift on March 14, 2011, the site was redesigned based on the most popular sections of the old site. The new site design was also used to commemorate the 4th anniversary of the site.
- Charlotte Large: Contributing Editor, SCEE
- Olga Puzanova: Senior Manager, EU Marketing and Programming, SCEE
- Nina Scherer: SingStar Content Manager, London Studios
- James Gallagher: Blog manager.
- Ross McGrath: PlayStation Store Team
- Jem Alexander: Social Media (Left in 2009)
- Fabio Santana: Blog Manager.
- Vinícius Lima: Blog Writer.
- Felipe Azevedo: Blog Manager.
- Lorenzo Grajales: Blog Manager.
- Joelle Messianu: Blog Manager.
PlayStation Blog Share as of March 15, 2011
Type of site
|Owner||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
- The PlayStation Recap: A weekly recap and summary of the week's posts on the PlayStation Blog. It was previously known as The PSB Recap.
- PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read: A weekly highlight of articles around the internet across various sites regarding the PlayStation.
- PlayStation Store Update: A weekly feature giving a detailed list and descriptions of the week's additions to the PlayStation Store.
- Coming to PSN this Week: A feature covering upcoming games coming to the PlayStation Network in that week. It usually involves interviews, videos, trailers or a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming game.
The Official PlayStation Blogcast is an official PlayStation podcast that is produced by the North American PlayStation Blog. The podcast usually features Sid Shuman, Ryan Clements, Justin Massongill and formerly - Nick Suttner. The podcast also frequently features many guest appearances and interviews with other people in the gaming industry. The podcast crew usually provides previews of upcoming PlayStation content and PlayStation Store updates, in addition to answering listeners' questions, or "player queries" as they are often called on the podcast.
PlayStation Blog Share is a site that allows PSN users to suggest ideas related to PlayStation. Share is a subset of the PlayStation Blog and was launched on March 17, 2010 to much acclaim. It has been cited as being vaguely similar to other sites such as Digg and reddit. Its main aim is to allow PlayStation users to make suggestions to the PlayStation team which would be read by the PlayStation Blog team and approved. Afterwards other users can vote on the ideas either positively or negatively which would allow the PlayStation Blog team to track the popularity of the idea as well as the volume. Users that submit the most popular ideas will also be placed at the top of a leaderboard, users are also only able to submit a single idea a day.
The PlayStation Blog often organizes events for PlayStation fans, giving out freebies as well as exclusive items to fans who attend. These events include:
The blog organizes a meet-up for PlayStation fans every year during the Electronic Entertainment Expo beginning with 2009. At their 2010 event they had a meet and greet session with Metal Gear series creator, Hideo Kojima, who gave away free autographed bundles of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. They also gave away limited edition PlayStation Move Kevin Butler posters autographed by Kevin Butler.
The blog will be organized a meet-up in collaboration with major gaming site IGN for the Penny Arcade Expo 2010. The hosted a major multiplayer event for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for attendees to play co-operatively on the game's toughest levels. The event will also provide exclusive behind the scenes media not present at the PAX event for games such as Infamous 2 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One as well as demoes for games such as Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and God of War: Ghost of Sparta.
- Patrick Seybold (June 11, 2007). "Welcome, You’ve Been Waiting". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Chris Morell (February 12, 2010). "Final Fantasy XIII Your Questions Answered". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Jack Tretton (October 19, 2009). "Welcome to the PlayStation Nation". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Luke Plunkett (May 28, 2009). "European PlayStation Blog Open For Business". Kotaku. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Charlotte Large (May 28, 2009). "Welcome, You’ve Been Waiting". PlayStation Blog Europe. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Emmanuel Orssaud (December 16, 2010). "The Official PlayStation App, Coming Soon To iPhone And Android Handsets". PlayStation Blog Europe. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Retrieved December 19, 2010.
- Jeff Rubenstein (March 14, 2011). "Introducing The New-Look PlayStation.Blog". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- Sid Shuman. "Sid Shuman - PlayStation Blog". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Justin Massongill. "Justin Massongill - PlayStation Blog". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- Charlotte Large. "Charlotte Large – PlayStation Blog Europe". PlayStation Blog Europe. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Olga Puzanova. "Olga Puzanova – PlayStation Blog Europe". PlayStation Blog Europe. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Nina Scherer. "Nina Scherer – PlayStation Blog Europe". PlayStation Blog Europe. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Sid Shuman (March 20, 2010). "The PlayStation Recap". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Jeff Rubenstein (May 31, 2008). "The PSB & SOCOM.com Weekly Recap". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Jeff Rubenstein (March 21, 2010). "PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read". PlayStation Blog. Sony Interactive Entertainment. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Grace Chen (March 18, 2010). "PlayStation Store Update". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Jade Tidy (March 24, 2010). "Coming to PSN this Week: Blue Toad Murder Files". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- Sid Shuman (June 14, 2010). "Thanks, L.A.! The PlayStation E3 2010 Meetup Recap". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- Jeff Rubenstein (August 26, 2010). "PlayStation and IGN Team up for PAX PlayStation Blog Beyond! Meetup". PlayStation Blog. Sony Computer Entertainment. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- Greg Miller (August 26, 2010). "PAX: PS Blog and IGN Meet & Greet". IGN. Retrieved August 27, 2010.