This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The PlayStation Mouse, mouse mat and packaging.
|Manufacturer||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Type||Video game controller|
|Generation||Fifth generation era|
The PlayStation Mouse (US/UK: SCPH-1090, JP: SCPH-1030) is an input device for the PlayStation that allows the player to use a mouse as a method of control in compatible games. The mouse was released in Japan on December 3, 1994, the launch date of the PlayStation.
The mouse itself is a simple two-button ball mouse that plugs directly into the PlayStation controller port without adapters or conversions and is a fully supported Sony accessory. It was packaged along with a mouse mat bearing the PlayStation logo.
The mouse is mainly of use to point and click adventures and other mouse-driven games to control the cursor. In later years, first-person shooters also make use of the peripheral to aim the player's view in the same manner as similar games on the PC. It is also used by the arcade lightgun shooting game Area 51 as an aiming device instead of a light gun compatibility.
List of games compatible with the PlayStation Mouse
- Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 2
- Arcade Party Pak
- Arkanoid Returns
- Alien Resurrection
- Area 51
- Ark of Time
- Atari Anniversary Edition
- Atlantis: The Lost Tales
- Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
- Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror
- Clock Tower: The First Fear
- Clock Tower
- Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Retaliation
- Die Hard Trilogy
- Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas
- Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!?
- Discworld Noir
- Dracula: The Resurrection
- Dune 2000
- Elemental Gearbolt
- Final Doom
- Front Mission Alternative
- Galaxian 3
- Ghoul Panic
- Irritating Stick
- Klaymen Klaymen: Neverhood no Nazon
- Lemmings 3D
- MTV Music Generator
- My Disney Kitchen
- Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness
- Oh No! More Lemmings
- Perfect Assassin
- Project: Horned Owl
- Puchi Carat
- Quake II
- R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
- Railroad Tycoon II
- Rescue Shot
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst
- RPG Maker
- Sentinel Returns
- Shanghai: True Valor
- SimCity 2000
- Spin Jam
- Syndicate Wars
- Tempest X3
- Theme Aquarium
- Tokimeki Memorial
- Transport Tycoon
- Virtual Pool
- Warhammer: Dark Omen
- Warzone 2100
- X-COM: UFO Defense
- X-COM: Terror from the Deep
- "History of the PlayStation". IGN. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "A Train". Next Generation. No. 4. Imagine Media. April 1995. p. 86.
- "Clock Tower: Now That's What I Call One Mean Barber". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 98. Ziff Davis. September 1997. p. 121.
- "ProReview: Final Doom". GamePro. No. 98. IDG. November 1996. pp. 100–1.
- "Review Crew: Horned Owl". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 84. Ziff Davis. July 1996. p. 28.
- "Motherlode". Next Generation. No. 18. Imagine Media. June 1996. p. 114.
- "Review Crew: SimCity 2000". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 85. Ziff Davis. August 1996. p. 24.
- "Review Crew: Syndicate Wars". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 98. Ziff Davis. September 1997. p. 56.
- "Team EGM Box Scores: Virtual Pool". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 91. Ziff Davis. February 1997. p. 150.
- "Xerox". Next Generation. No. 14. Imagine Media. February 1996. p. 158.