Playing to Win
|Playing to Win|
|Studio album by|
|Released||18 January 1985|
|Label||One Way Records|
|Little River Band chronology|
|Singles from Playing to Win|
Playing to Win is the eighth studio album by Little River Band released on Capitol Records. This album is the second studio album with John Farnham as lead vocalist and the first to be recorded by the band in the United States. Both Farnham (2003) and Little River Band (2004) are ARIA Hall of Fame inductees. The album peaked at No. 75 on The Billboard 200.
The first single from the album was "Playing to Win", which was released in December 1984 and reached No.59 on the Australian Singles Chart, No. 15 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart and No. 60 on The Billboard Hot 100. Channel 7 used "Playing to Win" as its football promo for its VFL coverage in early 1985. In addition, it is the only song from the three albums John Farnham sang lead vocals on with the band that he still continues to perform live in his solo concerts. The second single, "Blind Eyes", failed to enter the chart. The album was re-released on CD in March 1997 on One Way Records with bonus tracks.
- "Playing to Win" (J. Farnham, G. Goble, D. Hirschfelder, S. Housden, S. Proffer, W. Nelson, S. Prestwich) - 3:00
- "Reappear" (G. Goble, S. Housden) - 4:07
- "Blind Eyes" (J. Farnham, D. Hirschfelder) - 4:59
- "Through Her Eyes" (G. Goble, S. Housden, S. Proffer) - 5:17
- "When Cathedrals Were White" (G. Goble, D. Hirschfelder, S. Housden) - 4:25
- "Relentless" (G. Goble, S. Proffer) - 5:29
- "Piece of the Dream" (W. Nelson, D. Scheibner) - 4:12
- "Don't Blame Me" (G. Goble) - 3:30
- "One Shot in the Dark" (G. Goble, S. Housden, S. Proffer) - 3:34
- "Count Me In" (W. Nelson, D. Scheibne) - 3:52
Bonus CD tracks
- "D" (B. Birtles, G. Goble) - 3:13
- "Playing to Win" (Extended Version) (J. Farnham, G. Goble, D. Hirschfelder, S. Housden, S. Proffer, W. Nelson, S. Prestwich) - 4:25
- John Farnham - lead vocals
- Graham Goble - guitar, vocals
- David Hirschfelder - synthesizer, guitar, piano, keyboards, programming, vocals
- Stephen Housden - guitar
- Wayne Nelson - bass guitar, vocals, lead vocals on "Piece of the Dream" and "Count Me In"
- Steve Prestwich - drums
- "Winners by Award: Hall of Fame". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Little River Band - Chart History (Playing to Win)". Billboard magazine. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- "Playing to Win - Billboard albums". AllMusic. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Little River Band - Chart History ("Playing to Win")". Billboard magazine. Retrieved 21 January 2010.
- O'Shea (25 July 2017). "Playing To Win feat. Travis Collins & The Wolfe Brothers - O'SHEA - 61-615 Visual Album Track". Retrieved 25 September 2018 – via YouTube.
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|