Plaza de Armas (Puerto Vallarta)
Plaza de Armas (English: "Main Square") is a plaza and local attraction in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico. Located in Old Town, along the Malecón and adjacent to Palacio Municipal, or city hall. The square is known for displaying art. Nearby attractions include Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Los Arcos amphitheatre.
The square features a bronze statue of Ignacio Vallarta, the Jalisco attorney and namesake of the city, by Miguel Carmona. The sculpture had previously been located at Park Aquiles Serdan. It was donated by former governor Juan Gil Preciado and was inaugurated in 1964 by then mayor Carlos Arreola Lima.
- Kidder, Laura M. (2007). Fodor's 2008 Puerto Vallarta: Plus Guadalajara, San Blas, and Inland Mountain Towns. Random House. p. 170. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- "Murales Itinerantes llegan a plaza de armas de Puerto Vallarta; recorrerán el municipio". AZ Noticias (in Spanish). Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- "Puerto Vallarta". Mexico Tourism Board. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- "Atardeceres en Puerto Vallarta" (in Spanish). Travel by México. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- "Lugares Que Visitar: Estatua Ignacio Vallarta" (in Spanish). Travel by México. Retrieved February 23, 2014.
- Media related to Plaza de Armas, Puerto Vallarta at Wikimedia Commons