East Branch Mattawamkeag River
|East Branch Mattawamkeag River|
|⁃ elevation||710 feet (220 m)|
|365 feet (111 m)|
|Length||36 miles (58 km)|
|Progression||Mattawamkeag River – Penobscot River|
The East Branch Mattawamkeag River is a tributary of the Mattawamkeag River in Aroostook County, Maine. From its source ( ) in Dudley (Maine Township 7, Range 3, WELS), the river runs 36 miles (58 km) south and southeast to its confluence with the West Branch Mattawamkeag River in Haynesville, about 10 miles (16 km) west of the Canada–United States border.
|Location||Aroostook County, Maine|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Max. length||4 mi (6.4 km)|
|Max. width||1 mi (1.6 km)|
|Surface area||1,817 acres (735 ha)|
|Max. depth||63 feet (19 m)|
|Water volume||57,966 acre⋅ft (71,500,000 m3)|
|Surface elevation||535 ft (163 m)|
Pleasant Lake is the largest lake in the East Branch watershed. The lake extends from the northeast corner of Island Falls into the northwest corner of Maine township 4, range 3. The western edge of the lake overflows 500 yards (460 m) into the East Branch 5 miles (8.0 km) downstream of Oakfield. The lake supports populations of smallmouth bass and rainbow smelt, and is stocked with brook trout and land-locked Atlantic salmon. There is an unimproved boat launch area at the western end of the lake.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed June 22, 2011
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Pleasant Lake
- The Maine Atlas and Gazetteer (Thirteenth ed.). Freeport, Maine: DeLorme Mapping Company. 1988. p. 52. ISBN 0-89933-035-5.
- Maine Depts. of Environmental Protection and Inland Fisheries & Wildlife (2005-08-04). "Maine Lakes: Morphometry and Geographic Information". Senator George J. Mitchell Center for Environmental and Watershed Research, The University of Maine. Archived from the original on 2006-09-03. Retrieved 31 July 2008.
- "Pleasant Pond" (PDF). Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. State of Maine. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "East Branch Mattawamkeag River". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 30 September 1980. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- Maine Streamflow Data from the USGS
- Maine Watershed Data From Environmental Protection Agency
|This article related to a river in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|