Pleasant Township, Fairfield County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Fairfield County, Ohio|
The Mudhouse Mansion
|Motto: "A place you'll want to call home"|
Location of Pleasant Township in Fairfield County
|• Total||34.7 sq mi (90.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.6 sq mi (89.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,020 ft (311 m)|
|• Density||176/sq mi (67.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086081|
Pleasant Township is one of the thirteen townships of Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 6,083, of whom 5,512 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Walnut Township - north
- Richland Township - northeast
- Rush Creek Township - southeast
- Berne Township - south
- Hocking Township - southwest corner
- Greenfield Township - west
- Liberty Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Pleasant township, Fairfield County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Remainder of Pleasant township, Pleasant township, Fairfield County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- Miller, Charles Christian (1912). History of Fairfield County, Ohio, and representative citizens. Chicago, Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co. p. 177.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.