Pleasant Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Hardin County, Ohio|
Former schoolhouse north of Kenton
Location of Pleasant Twp (red), next to the city of Kenton (yellow).
|• Total||38.7 sq mi (100.3 km2)|
|• Land||38.7 sq mi (100.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||997 ft (304 m)|
|• Density||222.3/sq mi (85.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086267|
Pleasant Township is one of the fifteen townships of Hardin County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 8,608 people in the township, 1,662 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Blanchard Township - north
- Jackson Township - northeast
- Goshen Township - east
- Dudley Township - southeast
- Buck Township - south
- Cessna Township - west
- Washington Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hardin County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 16 May 2007.
- The History of Hardin County, Ohio. Warner Beers & Company. 1883. p. 634.
- Kohler, Minnie Ichler (1910). A Twentieth Century History of Hardin County, Ohio: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Principal Interests,. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 40.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.