Pleasant Township, Putnam County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Putnam County, Ohio|
Columbus Grove Municipal Pool, a historic site in the township
Location of Pleasant Township in Putnam County
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||108.4/sq mi (41.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086867|
Pleasant Township is one of the fifteen townships of Putnam County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,955 people in the township, 1,755 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ottawa Township - north
- Blanchard Township - northeast corner
- Riley Township - east
- Richland Township, Allen County - southeast
- Monroe Township, Allen County - south
- Sugar Creek Township - southwest
- Union Township - west
The village of Columbus Grove is located in southern Pleasant Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Putnam County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Archived 2016-08-18 at the Wayback Machine. Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Kinder, George D. (1915). History of Putnam County, Ohio : its peoples, industries, and institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 149.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.