Pleasant Township, Seneca County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Seneca County, Ohio|
Aerial view of the Sandusky River in Pleasant Township
Location of Pleasant Township in Seneca County
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||47.3/sq mi (18.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086951|
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ballville Township, Sandusky County - north
- Green Creek Township, Sandusky County - northeast corner
- Adams Township - east
- Scipio Township - southeast corner
- Clinton Township - south
- Hopewell Township - southwest corner
- Liberty Township - west
- Jackson Township, Sandusky County - northwest corner
Name and history
Pleasant Township was organized in 1831.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
|Fiscal Officer||Jeanette Fry|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Seneca County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Butterfield, Consul Willshire (1848). History of Seneca County: Containing a Detailed Narrative of the Principal Events that Have Occurred Since Its First Settlement Down to the Present Time. D. Campbell. p. 121.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Pleasant Township officials