Pleasant Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.29 sq mi (91.4 km2)|
|• Land||32.08 sq mi (83.1 km2)|
|• Water||3.21 sq mi (8.3 km2) 9.10%|
|Elevation||1,030 ft (314 m)|
|• Density||427.2/sq mi (164.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453749|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.29 square miles (91.4 km2), of which 32.08 square miles (83.1 km2) (or 90.90%) is land and 3.21 square miles (8.3 km2) (or 9.10%) is water. Lakes in this township include Booth Lake, Buck Lake, Center Lake, Cheeseboro Lake, Crockett Lake, Crooked Lake, First Basin of Lake James (a.k.a. Lower Basin of Lake James), Fox Lake, Johnson Lake, Lake Charles East, Little Center Lake, Loon Lake, Middle Center Lake, Mud Lake, Second Basin of Lake James (a.k.a. Middle Basin of Lake James), and Silver Lake.
Cities and towns
- Angola (the county seat)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jamestown Township (north)
- Fremont Township (northeast)
- Scott Township (east)
- Otsego Township (southeast)
- Steuben Township (south)
- Salem Township (southwest)
- Jackson Township (west)
- Millgrove Township (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Circle Hill, Crockett, Old Circle Hill and Sowles.
Pleasant Township residents may obtain a free library card from the Carnegie Public Library of Steuben County.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Getting a library card". Carnegie Public Library of Steuben Co. Retrieved 15 March 2018.