Pleasant Township, Van Wert County, Ohio
|Pleasant Township, Van Wert County, Ohio|
Winter scene on U.S. Route 224 west of Van Wert
Location of Pleasant Township (red) in Van Wert County, next to the city of Van Wert (yellow)
|• Total||36.8 sq mi (95.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.6 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||781 ft (238 m)|
|• Density||303.9/sq mi (117.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087092|
Pleasant Township is one of the twelve townships of Van Wert County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 11,120 people in the township, 2,233 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Union Township—north
- Hoaglin Township—northeast corner
- Ridge Township—east
- York Township—southeast corner
- Liberty Township—south
- Willshire Township—southwest corner
- Harrison Township—west
- Tully Township—northwest corner
Pleasant Township is one of only two county townships (the other being Ridge Township) without a border on another county.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Van Wert County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.