Pleasant View, Colorado
|Pleasant View, Colorado|
|Montezuma County and the state of Colorado|
|Elevation||6,913 ft (2,107 m)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0176857|
- James A. Lancaster Site, also known as the Clawson Ruin, is an ancient pueblo archaeological site on the National Register of Historic Places
- Pigge Site, located near Lowry Ruin, contains several pueblo ruins and a great kiva and is also on the National Register.
- Puzzle House, is a pueblo settlement occupied three times, first about AD 650 and two occupations between AD 1075-1225. The site is on the state register.
Pleasant View is located at(37.588391,-108.765850).
The median income for a household was $16,631 in 2009. In 2000, the median income for a household was $45,897.
The median resident age was 38.6 years.
Pleasant View Public Schools are part of the Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1. The district has one preschool, five elementary schools, one middle school and one high school.
Pleasant View Elementary School is located in Pleasant View. The other schools in the district are located in Cortez, and include Montezuma-Cortez RE-1 Pre-School, Kemper Elementary School, Lewis-Arriola Elementary School, Manaugh Elementary School, Mesa Elementary Schools, Cortez Middle School and Montezuma-Cortez High School. The high school mascot is the Panthers.
Mary Rubadeau is the Interim Superintendent of Schools.
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
- Colorado municipalities
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Lowry Ruin National Historic Landmark
- Old Spanish National Historic Trail
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- National & State Registers for Montezuma County, Colorado. Colorado Historical Society, Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 10-8-2011.
- <<</state.html National Register of Historic Places in <<< County American Dreams, Inc. Retrieved 2011-10-6.
- "Pleasant View, Colorado". City-Data.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1". Montezuma-Cortez School District RE-1. Retrieved 2012-07-13.