Please Forgive Me
|"Please Forgive Me"|
|Single by Bryan Adams|
|from the album So Far So Good|
|Released||October 15, 1993|
|Writer(s)||Bryan Adams and Robert Lange|
|Producer(s)||Bryan Adams and Robert Lange|
|Bryan Adams singles chronology|
"Please Forgive Me" is a song by Canadian rock musician Bryan Adams. It was released in October 1993 as the only single and bonus track from his greatest hits compilation album So Far So Good. It is his only Australian number-one single not written for a motion picture. The single also reached number 7 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number 2 on the UK Singles Chart.
"Please Forgive Me" is a slow power ballad written by Adams himself and Robert Lange. The song has an instrumental intro, which is only found on the album version of the song. Adams told Songfacts that it was one of the first songs that he agreed to use a modulation in. The single reached number two in the UK, number seven in the US, and number one in Australia. The song was praised by critics upon its release, and has given Adams one of his best chart performances to date, his most highly successful being the 1991 international chart-topping hit "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You". The song helped So Far So Good reach no. 1 on the UK Albums Chart. The music video for this song also received a huge amount of TV airplay. The studio band, who also appear in the video which was filmed live during the tracking dates, included keyboard players David Paich and Robbie Buchanan, guitarist Shane Fontayne, bassist James "Hutch" Hutchinson, guitarist Keith Scott, drummer Mickey Curry and producer Mutt Lange.
The song was co-written and produced by Mutt Lange. It was a massive radio hit all over the world, and became an instant hit amongst Adams fans. The single has sold over 3 million copies worldwide.
Single track listing
|1.||"Please Forgive Me (Radio Mix)"|
|2.||"Can't Stop This Thing We Started (Live)"|
|3.||"There Will Never Be Another Tonight (Live)"|
|4.||"C'mon Everybody (Live)"|
The music video is filmed in a recording studio and features Adams, his band and a dog. Adams and his bandmates befriended the dog - who belonged to the studio owner - whilst recording the track. The video for Bryan's 2008 single I Thought I'd Seen Everything resembles the music video. It is one of his most popular videos.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||2|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||1|
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||1|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||2|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||3|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||3|
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||7|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||2|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||2|
|US Billboard Hot 100||7|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||2|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||2|
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Gold||25,000*|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Gold||400,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- "Please Forgive Me". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2009-12-18.
- "Australian-charts.com – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Austriancharts.at – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Hit Tracks & Where to Find Them" (PDF). RPM. 58 (21). December 4, 1993. ISSN 0315-5994. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 951-31-2503-3.
- "Musicline.de – Adams, Bryan Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Search the Charts". Irish Charts. Fireball Media. Type "Please Forgive Me" under Search by Song Title to see search results.
- "Hit Parade Italia - Indice per Interprete: A". Hit Parade Italia. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Bryan Adams search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Charts.org.nz – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me". Top 40 Singles.
- "Topp 20 Single uke 50, 1993 – VG-lista. Offisielle hitlister fra og med 1958" (in Norwegian). VG-lista.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me". Singles Top 100.
- "Swisscharts.com – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 1993-11-06" UK Singles Chart.
- Illegal name entered Bryan Adams/Bryan+Adams/chart?f=379 "Bryan Adams – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Bryan Adams.
- Illegal name entered Bryan Adams/Bryan+Adams/chart?f=341 "Bryan Adams – Chart history" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Bryan Adams.
- "Lescharts.com – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me" (in French). Les classement single.
- Illegal name entered Bryan Adams/Bryan+Adams/chart?f=381 "Bryan Adams – Chart history" Billboard Pop Songs for Bryan Adams.
- "Austrian single certifications – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me" (in German). IFPI Austria. Enter Bryan Adams in the field Interpret. Enter Please Forgive Me in the field Titel. Select single in the field Format. Click Suchen
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Bryan Adams; 'Please Forgive Me')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 1987−1998" (PDF) (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden.
- "British single certifications – Bryan Adams – Please Forgive Me". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Please Forgive Me in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select single in the field By Format. Select Gold in the field By Award. Click Search