Please Let Me Wonder
|"Please Let Me Wonder"|
|Single by The Beach Boys|
|from the album Today!|
|A-side||"Do You Wanna Dance?"|
|Released||February 15, 1965|
|Recorded||January 7–9, 1965|
|Writer(s)||Brian Wilson, Mike Love|
|The Beach Boys singles chronology|
"Please Let Me Wonder" is a song written by Brian Wilson and Mike Love for American rock band the Beach Boys. The song was the B-side of the single "Do You Wanna Dance?" which was released by The Beach Boys in 1965 through Capitol Records. It peaked at a number 52 in Billboard and number 46 in Cash Box. The contemporary Gilbert Youth Survey conducted nationally in April 1965 placed this song at number 9 in its chart one week.
The song was the first that Wilson wrote while under the influence of marijuana. The song was first released on the band's 1965 album The Beach Boys Today!. Due to the lyrics, which are filled with a sense of longing and uncertainty, it is a contrasting piece to Wilson's "When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)".
Per Craig Slowinski.
- The Beach Boys
- Al Jardine - harmony and backing vocals
- Brian Wilson - lead, harmony and backing vocals, grand piano
- Carl Wilson - harmony and backing vocals, lead guitar
- Dennis Wilson - harmony and backing vocals, percussion
- Mike Love - harmony and backing vocals
- Additional musicians and production staff
- Badman, Keith. The Beach Boys. The Definitive Diary of America's Greatest Band: On Stage and in the Studio Backbeat Books, San Francisco, California, 2004. ISBN 0-87930-818-4 p. 84
- "Matthew Greenwald review".
- Wilson, Brian; Greenman, Ben (2016). I Am Brian Wilson: A Memoir. Da Capo Press. p. 191. ISBN 978-0-306-82307-7.
- Slowinski, Craig (2007). "The Beach Boys - The Beach Boys Today!" (PDF). Retrieved October 27, 2012.