|Studio album by|
|Faye Wong chronology|
Tou hou ji gei Yale Romanization, meaning Please Myself or Ingratiate Oneself, (Cantonese: 討好自己; Tou hou zi gei Jyutping) is a 1994 Cantonese album recorded by Chinese Cantopop singer Faye Wong as 王靖雯 Wong Ching Man, when she was based in Hong Kong.
Cinepoly Records released this album in December, only a few months after her highly influential alternative music Cantonese album Random Thoughts and her second Mandarin album Sky. It did not match them in terms of commercial success.
Faye Wong composed the songs "Ingratiate Oneself" and "Exit" herself, and these continued her move into alternative music. The remaining songs were more conventional in genre.
The lyrics are all in Cantonese except for "Exit" in Mandarin. She spoke rather than sang the words to this song, so that it is sometimes described as a rap. Somewhat pessimistic in outlook, it was not popular with all her fans. Nevertheless, it was a hit single, along with the title track, "Honeymoon" and the ballad "Brink Of Love And Pain".
The album was released with three different album covers.
- 討好自己 (Tou hou zigei) – Please Myself
- 蜜月期 (Mat jyut kei) – Honeymoon
- 為非作歹 (Wai fei zok daai) – Being Criminal
- 我怕 (Ngo pa) – I Fear
- 出路 (Chūlù) – Exit
- 平凡最浪漫 (Pingfaan zeoi longmaan) – Simplicity Is Most Romantic
- 飄 (Piu) – Float
- 愛與痛的邊緣 (Oi jyu tung dik binjyun) – Brink of Love and Pain
- 背影 (Bui jing) – Shadow of Your Back (or Silhouette)
- 天不變地變 (Tin bat bin dei bin) – Sky Doesn't Change, Earth Changes
|Japanese edition bonus tracks|
|11.||"流非飛" (60's Version)||4:03|
|12.||"不再兒嬉" (Rock Version)||4:02|
- Billboard - 1995 1 28 "FAYE WONG TO PLEASE MYSELF cinepoly"
- Shane Homan Access All Eras: Tribute Bands and Global Pop Culture 2006-p228 "Faye Wong (1993) No Regrets. Hong Kong: Cinepoly. Faye Wong (1994) Mystery. Hong Kong: Decca/Cinepoly. Faye Wong (1994) Random Thoughts. Hong Kong: Cinepoly. Faye Wong (1994) Please Myself. Hong Kong: Cinepoly."
- Maximum rocknroll No.191 1999 "Faye Wong "Di Dar" TP $4 Faye Wong "Ingratiate Oneself" TP S4"