Pleasure Principle (album)
|Studio album by|
|Studio||United Sound Systems, Detroit|
Pleasure Principle is the debut album by the female P-Funk spin off group Parlet. The album was released in 1978 by Casablanca Records and was produced by P-Funk leader/producer George Clinton. Parlet consisted of Mallia Franklin, Debbie Wright, and Jeanette Washington. The album features heavy involvement from the P-Funk musical collective.
In 1992, Pleasure Principle was reissued on CD in Japan by the Casablanca/Polystar label, but quickly went out of print. On July 30, 2013, Real Gone Music in the U.S. reissued both Pleasure Principle and Invasion of the Booty Snatchers, featuring liner notes by former P-Funk minister of information Tom Vickers.
- "Pleasure Principle" (George Clinton, Ron Ford, Bernie Worrell) (released as single Casablanca NB 919)
- "Love Amnesia" (George Clinton, Ron Dunbar, Billy Bass Nelson)
- "Cookie Jar" (Clarence "Fuzzy" Haskins) (released as a single-Casablanca NB 932)
- "Misunderstanding" (George Clinton, Ron Ford, Bernie Worrell)
- "Are You Dreaming?" (Linda Brown, Garry Shider, George Clinton)
- "Mr. Melody Man" (Gary Cooper, Ron Dunbar)
- Garry Shider, Michael Hampton, Glenn Goins, Billy Bass Nelson - guitar
- Rodney "Skeet" Curtis, Billy Bass Nelson, Rick Gilmore - bass
- Jim Wright, Frank Waddy, Bootsy Collins, Gary Cooper, Jerome Brailey.- drums
- Bernie Worrell - keyboards
- Fred Wesley, Maceo Parker, Rick Gardner, Richard Griffith - horns
- Brandye, Ron Ford - backing vocals
- Jerry Estes, Jim Vitti, Mike Iacopelli - recording engineer
- Shusei Nagaoka - cover illustration
- Pleasure Principle at AllMusic
- "Parlet – Pleasure Principle".
- Thompson, Dave (November 22, 2001). Funk. Hal Leonard Corporation. ISBN 9780879306298 – via Google Books.
- Kinley, Tim (August 5, 2018). "1978: The Year That Parliament-Funkadelic Ruled The Universe".
- Needs, Kris (June 16, 2014). George Clinton & The Cosmic Odyssey of the P-Funk Empire. Omnibus Press. ISBN 9781783230372 – via Google Books.