This article does not cite any sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Plebe Rude performing live in Brasília, on November 29, 2006.
|Origin||Brasília, DF, Brazil|
|Genres||Brazilian rock, punk rock, post-punk, new wave|
Plebe is a band formed in 1981 by Philippe Seabra, Gutje, Andre X and Jander Bilaphra. They began gaining popularity in the punk rock scene in 1982. They later went to São Paulo where they played with Ira! and then to Rio de Janeiro where they played with Paralamas do Sucesso and Legião Urbana. Their first album, O Concreto Já Rachou was released in 1986. They released two more albums during the 80s: Nunca Fomos Tão Brasileiros and Plebe Rude III.
They broke up for a time, but began playing together again in the 90s when their first three albums were re-released as CDs. In 2000 they released a live CD called Enquanto a Trégua Não Vem, and played a few shows. They are currently recording their next Album, R ao contrário, with new guitarist Clemente (from São Paulo punk band Inocentes) and a new drummer Txotxa.
- O Concreto Já Rachou (The Concrete Has Already Cracked) (1986)
- Nunca Fomos Tão Brasileiros (We've Never Been So Brazilian) (1987)
- Plebe Rude III (1989)
- Mais Raiva Do Que Medo (More Anger than Fear) (1992)
- Portofólio (Portfolio)(1997) - Box Set
- Preferência Nacional (Nation's Preference) (1998) - Collection
- Enquanto a Trégua Não Vem (While the Truce Doesn't Come) Ao Vivo (2000)
- Para Sempre (Forever) (2001) - Collection
- Identidade (Identity) (2002) - Collection
- 2 em 1 (2 in 1) (2003) - Collection
- R ao Contrário (R Backwards) (2006)
- Nação Daltônica (Colorblind Nation) (2014)
|This article on a Brazilian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|