|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Han Sung Soo|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|Location||Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea|
Pledis Entertainment (Hangul: 플레디스 엔터테인먼트) is a South Korean record label and entertainment agency founded in 2007 by Han Sung Soo. It is currently home to K-pop artists After School, Orange Caramel, NU'EST and Seventeen. Its name originates from the pleiades, a star cluster in the constellation Taurus. Its current vice-president is Kim Yeon-soo.
2007–2012: Founding and early artists
Pledis Entertainment was founded in 2007. Son Dam-bi was the first artist to debut under Pledis, and was dubbed the 'female Rain' by media outlets. In its beginning stages, the agency did not have management premises, only a practice room.
In December 2010, Pledis released Happy Pledis 1st Album, including the tracks "Love Love Love" and "Someone Is You".
"Happy Pledis" was a series of albums to be released annually, featuring all of their artists, with proceeds going to charity. Proceeds from the first album were donated to Save the Children.
In July 2011, two further sub-units of After School was created, A.S. Red and A.S. Blue. Happy Pledis 2nd Album, featuring Son Dam-bi, After School, Pledis Boys, and Yoo Ara, was released in December, with proceeds going to UNICEF.
2012–present: Artist changes and development
In June 2012, Kahi 'graduated' from After School, but remained signed under Pledis to launch her solo career.
On November 11, 2013, Pledis Entertainment and Chinese agency Yuehua Entertainment held a press conference titled "Yuehua Entertainment X Pledis" at the Beijing Banquet Hall, marking the start of a collaboration under which the sub-unit NU'EST-M was formed with the addition of Chinese member Jason Fulong Fei, known as JA. The six-member team performed for the first time at the press event.
On July 21, 2014, the partnership between Pledis and Fantagio was dissolved. The four members of Hello Venus under Fantagio continued as a group under the same name, while the two members under Pledis, Yoo Ara and Yoonjo, left the group. Yoo Ara later left the company and joined Urbanworks Entertainment. In December 2014, Jooyeon graduated from After School and signed with Better ENT as an actress in January 2015. That month, Kahi also left the agency.
On June 26, 2016, the agency's third girl group (following After School and Hello Venus), tentatively named Pledis Girlz, released their first official single titled "WE". Some of the members had previously competed in the talent show Produce 101; however, Pledis trainees and I.O.I members Lim Na-young and Zhou Jieqong were absent from the music video.
- Son Dam-bi
- Yoo So-young (After School)
- Rebekah Kim (After School)
- Kahi (Soloist/After School)
- Lee Joo-yeon (After School)
- Kim Jung-ah (After School)
- Hello Venus
- Yoo Ara
- Happy Pledis discography
- Happy Pledis 1st Album with title track "Love Love Love" (2010)
- Happy Pledis 2nd Album with title track "Love Letter" (2011)
- Happy Pledis Digital Single – "Dashing Through The Snow with High Heels" (2012)
- "Pledis Artist". www.pledis.co.kr. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- ":: PLEDIS ::". www.pledis.co.kr. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "[XP초점] 세븐틴, 컴백 비하인드…"안무 연습기간? 단 2주"". entertain.naver.com. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Son Dambi Proves She Is The Female Rain". jpopasia. 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Star News interviews Pledis CEO, Han Sung Soo". Allkpop.com. 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "After School splits up into subgroups". Allkpop.com. 2010-05-31. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Pledis Entertainment to Debut Another Girl Group, Hello Venus". Allkpop. 2012-11-30. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Seventeen hopes to shine like diamonds with ‘17 Carat’". The Korea Herald. May 26, 2015. Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- "Son Dam-bi may join Bae Yong-joon’s agency". The Korea Herald. June 3, 2015. Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- "'플레디스 걸즈' 프리 싱글 'WE' 발표". Newsis. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "나영-결경 빠진 플레디스 걸즈, 프리 데뷔 싱글 ‘We’ 뮤비 공개". 2016-06-27. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Benjamin, Jeff (December 31, 2014). "Juyeon Announces Graduation From After School". Billboard K-Town. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "[단독] 애프터스쿨 리더 정아, 계약 만료…팀에서 졸업한다 – 열린세상 열린방송 MBN:". Star News (in Korean). January 28, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2016.