This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
17.5  / April 11, 2017
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Type||Web hosting control panel|
Plesk is a commercial web hosting platform with a control panel that allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface.
Originally designed in Novosibirsk, Russia, the hosting automation software was released by Plesk Inc. and went live first in 2001. In 2003, Plesk was sold to SWSoft, which became Parallels in 2008. In December 2015 Plesk became a separate business entity, which has since been acquired by Oakley Capital.
Plesk's control panel allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface. The administrator can create client and site templates, which predetermine resource-allocation parameters for the domains and/or clients.
The latest version of Plesk has integrated support for Github, Docker, Multi-server management, and framework ready environment for Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby on rails and more. The previous version of Plesk (12.5) for Linux/Unix supports multiple POSIX platforms, including Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Linux and CloudLinux. Previous versions also supported openSUSE, Fedora and FreeBSD. Plesk for Windows supports Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems.
Plesk installs custom versions of or manages versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine under Windows), Apache Tomcat Java platform server, and ColdFusion server.
Plesk is commercial web hosting data center automation software developed for Linux- and Windows-based commercial hosting service providers. Plesk was designed to install and manage web hosting systems and applications on a single server. The control panel is designed to simplify the management and administration of the web sites by automating various tasks on a single server.
Add-ons (now called "Plesk Extensions")
Plesk has several software packs that are not part of the main Plesk code base. These add-ons are designed to fully interact with Plesk, and they include:
- Docker Support
- Git Support
- Plesk Security Advisor
- Multi Server Extension
- WordPress Toolkit
- Developer Pack
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Servershield by CloudFlare
- Others: https://www.plesk.com/extensions/ and https://ext.plesk.com
|Plesk Onyx 17.8||March 2018|
|Plesk Onyx 17.5||2017-03-25|
|Parallels Plesk 12.0||2014-05-09|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5||2013-06-26|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0||2012-06-13|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1||2010-11-03|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0||2008-12-09|
Plesk offers users the possibility to easily install web applications using the (APS) Application Packaging Standard. APS packages are updated by the packaging vendor when a security update is made available.
- "Plesk: Download and Trial". plesk.com. Plesk. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "What is Plesk?". ACTWD.
- HostReview : Web Hosting News : SWsoft Acquires Plesk and Confixx to Create Global Hosting Software Powerhouse
- SWsoft Parallels does Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 thing - Hypervisors are for the weak - Posted in Servers, 30th January 2008 20:59 GMT(By Austin Modine) The Register
- SWsoft to change its name to Parallels - Date: December 11th, 2007 Author: Paul Mah (TechRepublic.com)
- Henderson, Nicole (15 May 2017). "With Acquisition by Oakley Capital, Plesk Ready for Growth". The Whir. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- Plesk 12.5 for Linux Software Requirements
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows Software Requirements
- "Change Log for Plesk Onyx 17.8". docs.plesk.com. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- "Change Log for Plesk Onyx 17.5". docs.plesk.com. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- "Download Plesk Onyx".
- "Change Log for Plesk". docs.plesk.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Parallels Plesk Product Page Archived 2010-01-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Parallels Plesk v12.0 Release Announcement
- Parallels Plesk v11.5 Archived 2010-01-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Parallels Plesk v10.0.1 Archived 2010-01-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- Parallels Plesk v9.0 - Control Panel Software for Hosting[permanent dead link]
- Parallels Plesk Panel 9 Released
- Parallels Plesk v8.0.1 - Control Panel Software for Hosting Archived 2008-06-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- Web Host Industry News | SWsoft Unveils Plesk 7, Deployed by 1&1
- Web Host Industry News | SWsoft Launches Plesk Control Panel 6
- Application Packaging Standard