This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
12.5.30 u42  / August 1, 2016
|Operating system||Windows, Linux|
|Type||Web hosting control panel|
Plesk is a commercial web hosting platform. Originally released under the U.S. company Plesk Inc. and designed in Novosibirsk, Russia, Plesk was acquired by SWSoft in July 2003. SWSoft renamed themselves under the Parallels name (a brand which had been acquired by SWSoft) in 2008. In 2015 Parallels rebranded the service provider business unit to Odin. In December 2015 the Odin brand was acquired by Ingram Micro rendering Plesk a separate business entity.
Plesk's control panel allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface. The administrator can create client and site templates, which predetermine resource-allocation parameters for the domains and/or clients.
The latest version of Plesk for Linux/Unix supports multiple POSIX platforms, including Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Linux and CloudLinux. Previous versions also supported openSUSE, Fedora and FreeBSD. Plesk for Windows supports Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 operating systems.
Plesk installs custom versions of or manages versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine under Windows), Apache Tomcat Java platform server, and ColdFusion server.
Plesk has several software packs that are not part of the main Plesk code base. These add-ons are designed to fully interact with Plesk, and they include:
- WordPress Toolkit
- Developer Pack
- Security Core Complete by Atomicorp
- Control Suite for Windows
- Kaspersky Antivirus
|Plesk Onyx||monthly previews|
|Parallels Plesk 12.0||2014-05-09|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5||2013-06-26|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0||2012-06-13|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1||2010-11-03|
|Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0||2008-12-09|
Plesk offers users the possibility to easily install web applications using the (APS) Application Packaging Standard. APS packages are updated by the packaging vendor when a security update is made available.
- Change Log for Plesk 12.5
- "Plesk: Download and Trial". plesk.com. Plesk. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- HostReview : Web Hosting News : SWsoft Acquires Plesk and Confixx to Create Global Hosting Software Powerhouse
- SWsoft Parallels does Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 thing - Hypervisors are for the weak - Posted in Servers, 30th January 2008 20:59 GMT(By Austin Modine) The Register
- SWsoft to change its name to Parallels - Date: December 11th, 2007 Author: Paul Mah (TechRepublic.com)
- "We've Changed Our Name - Parallels Service Provider Business is Now Odin". Odin Service Provider Blog. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- Ingram Micro Complete Acquisition of Odin Services,
- Plesk 12.5 for Linux Software Requirements
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows Software Requirements
- "Download Plesk Onyx".
- "Change Log for Plesk". docs.plesk.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Parallels Plesk Product Page
- Parallels Plesk v12.0 Release Announcement
- Parallels Plesk v11.5
- Parallels Plesk v10.0.1
- Parallels Plesk v9.0 - Control Panel Software for Hosting
- Parallels Plesk Panel 9 Released
- Parallels Plesk v8.0.1 - Control Panel Software for Hosting
- Web Host Industry News | SWsoft Unveils Plesk 7, Deployed by 1&1
- Web Host Industry News | SWsoft Launches Plesk Control Panel 6
- Application Packaging Standard