Plight & Premonition
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Plight & Premonition|
|Studio album by|
|Released||1 March 1988|
|Recorded||1986–1987, Can Studio, Cologne|
|Producer||David Sylvian, Holger Czukay|
|David Sylvian chronology|
|Holger Czukay chronology|
Plight & Premonition is the first of two collaborative albums by David Sylvian and Can bassist Holger Czukay. It was released in March 1988. The music is ambient, making extensive use of 'found sounds'. It consists of two instrumental tracks, both of which are over 15 minutes long. The album peaked at no.71 in the UK albums chart.
The tracks were later remixed by Sylvian and issued on a limited bonus disc with his 2002 compilation albm Camphor. These remixes were used for a 2018 re-release by Grönland Records of a double album set combining this album and Flux + Mutability, their subsequent 1989 release.
- "Plight (The Spiralling of Winter Ghosts)" – 18:30
- "Premonition (Giant Empty Iron Vessel)" – 16:21
- David Sylvian – electric guitar, keyboards, piano, vibraphone, harmonium
- Holger Czukay – organ, piano, shortwave radio, treatments
- Jaki Liebezeit – infra sound
- Karl Lippegaus – radio tuning
Album produced by David Sylvian and Holger Czukay.
- Yuka Fujii – design, photography (assisted by Icon, London)
- Mekon – artwork
- Plight & Premonition at AllMusic
- David Sylvian the official charts
- "Grönland Records Announce Reissue Of Seminal Ambient Records by David Sylvian & Holger Czukay". groenland.com. Retrieved 25 September 2018.