Plight & Premonition
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Plight & Premonition|
|Studio album by|
|Released||1 March 1988|
|Recorded||1986–1987, Can Studio, Cologne|
|Producer||David Sylvian, Holger Czukay|
|David Sylvian chronology|
|Holger Czukay chronology|
Plight & Premonition is the first of two collaborations between David Sylvian and Can's bassist Holger Czukay, Flux + Mutability being their second. It was released in March 1988. The music is ambient, makes use of 'found sounds'. It consists of two instrumental tracks, both of which are over 15 minutes long. The album peaked at no.71 in the UK albums chart.
The tracks were subsequently remixed by Sylvian in 2002, but these remained unissued until 2018, when they were released by Grönland Records in a double album set combined with the recordings for Flux + Mutability.
- "Plight (The Spiralling of Winter Ghosts)" – 18:30
- "Premonition (Giant Empty Iron Vessel)" – 16:21
- David Sylvian – electric guitar, keyboards, piano, vibraphone, harmonium
- Holger Czukay – organ, piano, shortwave radio, treatments
- Jaki Liebezeit – infra sound
- Karl Lippegaus – radio tuning
Album produced by David Sylvian and Holger Czukay.
- Yuka Fujii – design, photography (assisted by Icon, London)
- Mekon – artwork
- Plight & Premonition at AllMusic
- David Sylvian the official charts
- "Grönland Records Announce Reissue Of Seminal Ambient Records by David Sylvian & Holger Czukay". groenland.com. Retrieved 25 September 2018.