||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (November 2014)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, Bangalore, USA, India|
|Venky B (co-founder), Michael Ricordeau (co-founder)|
Plivo, which dubs itself as the Amazon of Telephony, is a cloud based API Platform for building Voice and SMS enabled Applications. It is a Y Combinator-backed telephony startup that offers an API platform for voice and SMS applications, which recently announced that it raised $1.75 million in seed funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Qualcomm Incorporated, and SV Angel.
Plivo provides Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to make and receive calls, send SMS, make a conference call, and more . These APIs are used in conjunction with XML responses to control the flow of a call or a message. Developers can create Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) endpoints to perform the telephony operations and the APIs are platform independent and can be used in any programming environment such as PHP, Ruby, Python, etc. It also provides helper libraries for these programming languages.
Plivo acquired its first paying customer on October 2011, and has claimed to have 30% month-to-month growth in terms of call volume.
- "How Silicon Valley Fosters Plivo's Cloud-Based Telephony,Forbes Coverage".
- "Crunchbase Profile". May 22, 2013.
- "YC-Backed Telephony Startup Plivo Raises $1.75M From Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Qualcomm Inc. & SV Angel". December 3, 2012.
- "Voice and Messaging Apps Platform Provider Plivo Raises Seed Round From Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Qualcomm and SV Angel".
- "Plivo Framework - Opensource Telephony Application Prototyping Platform".
- "Developer API Documentation".
- "Forbes coverage".