||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Sanford, ME (1999)|
Michael Patterson, Chief Executive Officer and Founder
Plixer International, Inc. develops systems that leverage flow technologies such as NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow, JFlow and others. By utilizing this technology which is inherent on almost every network, the network becomes a sensor and helps companies uncover suspicious activities. Behavioral analytics and thresholds are used to uncover DDoS attacks, data theft and botnets, as well as aid in the positive identification of zero-day attacks. They deliver a top-rated security analytics solution that simplifies cyber threat forensics and application performance monitoring. 
Plixer International was founded in 1999 by Michael Patterson (currently the company's CEO) and Marc Bilodeau (currently the company's CTO). The company was built to create full-featured, easy-to-use network monitoring applications that would cost significantly less than traditional network performance and security monitoring software suites.
In 2006, Plixer International merged with Somix Technologies, Inc. and continued to develop and support its network performance and security monitoring software packages. It also partnered with several resellers around the world to establish a global presence in the network monitoring community.
Plixer International is headquartered in Kennebunk, Maine.
Products and services
Plixer International's flagship product, Scrutinizer, is made available for download at the company's site. The product is offered as a robust free version that can be used both privately and commercially, with several licensing models available for full-featured versions.
- Scrutinizer Incident Response System, a data warehousing utility that leverages NetFlow, sFlow, j-Flow, IPFIX, and other flow-based technologies to receive and store network traffic data from switches, routers, and other network devices, and to present trends, reports, and network maps based on this data to the user
- Replicator, The NetFlow Replicator appliance allows a single stream of log data to be transparently replicated to multiple destinations
- Flowalyzer NetFlow & sFlow Tester, Flowalyzer is a NetFlow and sFlow Tool Kit for testing and configuring hardware or software for sending and receiving NetFlow and sFlow data
- IPFIXify, IPFIXify processes massive volumes of system health data generated by complex IT infrastructures and then leverages Plixer solutions to troubleshoot problems
Plixer International has written and produced a series of "NetFlow Rap" videos directed at Cisco and NetFlow customers, as well as the IT field in general. They feature a local artist and previous employee of Plixer, Mix Master Mitch. According to Mitch, the goal of the music videos are to entertain and educate at the same time, while promoting awareness of the NetFlow capabilities of Cisco devices. The videos have received thousands of hits on YouTube and have a quickly-growing fan base in the Cisco engineer community. The first video was produced completely independently by Mix Master Mitch, with no budget. Subsequent videos received small production budgets from Plixer as the series grew in popularity.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Michael Patterson, ThomasNet News“Plixer International Supports the Latest Update in Network Management, Flexible NetFlow.” June 4, 2007. Retrieved on December 11, 2009.
- Marc Bilodeau, Manta.com“Plixer International profiled by Manta.com.” July 12, 2005. Retrieved on December 11, 2009.
- Dale Locke, PWeb.com“Plixer Joins the Riverbed Technology Alliance Program.” July 2, 2008. Retrieved on December 11, 2009.
- Thomas Pore, PWeb.com“Force10 Networks and Plixer Announce Technology Compatible Partnership.” June 6, 2008. Retrieved on December 11, 2009.
- Michael Patterson, Plixer.com“Plixer Teams with Enterasys For Mobile IAM Analytics.” May 1, 2012. Retrieved on August 23, 2012.
- Earthtimes.org “Cisco NetFlow Goes Hip Hop With Mix Master Mitch And Plixer International.” December 11, 2009. Retrieved on December 11, 2009.
- Brad Reese, Network World. “Lookout Death Row Records, here comes a new hit, the Cisco NetFlow Rap song.” March 26, 2009. Retrieved on December 11, 2009.