Plymouth Moor View (UK Parliament constituency)
|Plymouth, Moor View|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Plymouth, Moor View in Devon.
Location of Devon within England.
|Electorate||68,556 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Johnny Mercer (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Plymouth Devonport, Plymouth Sutton|
|European Parliament constituency||South West England|
Plymouth, Moor View is a constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election and has been represented since 2015 by Johnny Mercer of the Conservative Party.
Following the review by the Boundary Commission for England into parliamentary representation in Devon, constituencies in Plymouth have been reorganised. This is one of two new seats, the other being Plymouth Sutton and Devonport. The seat is largely the successor to the former Plymouth Devonport constituency.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Graham Reed||917||2.0||-0.9|
|Liberal Democrat||Stuart Bonar||1,265||3.0||-13.9|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||+3.15|
|Liberal Democrat||Stuart Bonar||7,016||16.9||N/A|
|Socialist Labour||David Marchesi||208||0.5||N/A|
|Labour win (new seat)|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 16 May 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Final recommendations for Parliamentary constituencies in the counties of Devon, Plymouth and Torbay". Boundary Commission for England. 2004-11-24. Archived from the original on 2010-02-21. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "M" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Plymouth Moor View parliamentary constituency". BBC News.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- BBC Election Results BBC Election Results 2010 - Plymouth Moor View