|Town of Plympton-Wyoming|
Plympton-Wyoming municipal office
The Hub of Lambton County
|• Mayor||Lonny Napper|
|• Federal riding||Sarnia—Lambton|
|• Prov. riding||Sarnia—Lambton|
|• Land||318.76 km2 (123.07 sq mi)|
|• Density||23.8/km2 (62/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||519 ,226 and 548|
The town's first mayor was Patricia Davidson, who was elected to the House of Commons of Canada in the 2006 federal election as the Conservative Member of Parliament for Sarnia—Lambton. Davidson also served as mayor of the village of Wyoming for ten years prior to her election as mayor of the amalgamated town. Davidson was succeeded as mayor by former town councillor and deputy mayor Lonny Napper in March 2006. The township is governed by a seven-member Council, including a Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
The town was created in 2001, amalgamating the Township of Plympton with the formerly independent Village of Wyoming.
The main population centre is Wyoming. The town also comprises the communities of Aberarder, Beverly Glen, Blue Point, Blue Point Bay, Bonnie Doone, Camlachie, Errol, Gallimere Beach, Hillsborough Beach, Huron Heights, Kennedy Acres, Kertch, Mandaumin, Reece's Corners, Uttoxeter, Wanstead and Wellington Beach.
- Population 2006: 7,506
- Population 2001: 7,359
- % Change (2001 to 2006): 2.0
- Median income [Ontario]: $29,589 [$27,258]
- Median income - all census families [Ontario]: $77,933 [$69,156]
- Median income - couple households with children [Ontario]: $99,950 [$87,960]
- Dwellings: 3,066
- Average value of owned dwelling [Ontario]: $210,945 [$297,479]
- Area (km²): 318.76
- Density (persons per km²): 23.5
- Population in 2016: 7795
- % Change (2011 to 2016): 2.9%
- Population in 2011: 7576
- Population in 2006: 7506
- Population in 2001: 7359
- Population total in 1996: 7344
- Plympton (township): 5247
- Wyoming (village): 2131
- Population in 1991:
- Plympton (township): 5275
- Wyoming (village): 2071
- "Plympton-Wyoming census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Contact Us - The Corporation of the County of Lambton". Archived from the original on 2006-11-16. Retrieved 2006-11-19.
- "Community Profile - Township of Plympton-Wyoming". Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- Rayburn, Alan (1997). Place names of Ontario. Toronto: University of Toronto Press. p. 273. ISBN 0-8020-7207-0. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- "Plympton-Wyoming community profile". 2006 Census data. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2011-02-22.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Plympton–Wyoming.|