Požega-Slavonia County within Croatia
|• Župan||Alojz Tomašević (HDZ)|
|• Total||1,823 km2 (704 sq mi)|
|• Density||43/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||HR-11|
high · 20th
Požega-Slavonia County (Croatian: Požeško-slavonska županija [pôʒeʃko-slǎʋoːnskaː ʒupǎnija]) is a Croatian county in western Slavonia. Its capital is Požega. Its population was 78,034 as of the 2011 census.
Požega-Slavonia county borders on Bjelovar-Bilogora County in the northwest, Virovitica-Podravina County in the north, Osijek-Baranja County in the northeast, Brod-Posavina County in the south, and Sisak-Moslavina County in the southwest.
Požega-Slavonija County is divided into:
- City of Požega (county seat)
- Town of Lipik
- Town of Pakrac
- Town of Kutjevo
- Town of Pleternica
- Municipality of Brestovac
- Municipality of Čaglin
- Municipality of Jakšić
- Municipality of Kaptol
- Municipality of Velika
|Historical populations of Požega-Slavonia County|
|Source: Naselja i stanovništvo Republike Hrvatske 1857–2001, Croatian Bureau of Statistics, Zagreb, 2005|
As of the 2011 census, the county had 78,034 residents. The population density is 43 people per km².
- Ostroški, Ljiljana, ed. (December 2015). Statistički ljetopis Republike Hrvatske 2015 [Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia 2015] (PDF). Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian and English). 47. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. p. 62. ISSN 1333-3305. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: County of Požega-Slavonia". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Stanovništvo prema narodnosti po gradovima/općinama, Popis 2011". Croatian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- Official website (in Croatian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Požega-Slavonia County.|