From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from PoEdit)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1.8.12 / February 18, 2017
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Unix-like|
|License||Basic version: MIT License
Pro version: Shareware - Windows, macOS
- Unlike other catalog editors, Poedit shows data in a very compact way. Entries are arranged in a list, so that you can easily navigate large catalogs and immediately get an idea about how big part of the catalog is already translated, what needs translating and which parts are only translated in a "fuzzy" way.
- Runs on Unix and Windows systems.
- Plural forms support.
- Features whitespace highlighting.
- Fuzzy and untranslated records are highlighted and displayed at the top of the list.
- Automatic compilation of .mo files (optional).
- Automatic headers update.
- References browser lets you see where and in what context is the string used.
- You can use Poedit to scan source code for translatable strings.
- Integration with KDE and GNOME desktops. Neither of these environments is required; support for them is strictly optional.
- UTF-8 support. Poedit understands all encodings supported by the operating system and works in Unicode internally.
- Support for conversion between line-ending formats (useful if you need to edit catalogs by hand under Windows).
- Translation memory automates translation of frequent phrases. Poedit can reuse translation data from all your PO, MO and RPM files.
- Search dialog for quick navigation in the catalog.
- Comments editing.
- Catalogs manager.
- Unicode support on Windows NT/2000/XP (partial Unicode support on Windows 9x). Full Unicode support under Unix with GTK+ 2.x.
- Spellchecking (GTK+ 2.x).