Pocahontas School District
|Pocahontas School District|
|2300 North Park Street
Pocahontas, Arkansas 72455
|Accreditation||ADE; AdvancED (2009–)|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||131.24 (on FTE basis)|
|Staff||275.24 (on FTE basis)|
|Athletic conference||4A Region 3 (2012–14)|
Pocahontas School District is a public school district based in Pocahontas, Arkansas, United States. The Gosnell School District provides early childhood, elementary and secondary education for more than 1,800 prekindergarten through grade 12 students. Students are from 165.38 square miles (428.3 km2) of land encompassing Randolph County communities including all or portions of Pocahontas, Walnut Ridge, Biggers, O'Kean, Delaplaine, Ravenden Springs. Pocahontas School District is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) and by AdvancED since 2009.
- Pocahontas High School—serving approximately 400 students in grades 10 through 12.
- Pocahontas Junior High School—serving more than 400 students in grades 7 through 9.
- M. D. Williams Intermediate School—serving approximately 550 students in grades 3 through 6.
- Alma Spikes Elementary School—serving approximately 450 students in pre-kindergarten through grade 2.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Pocahontas School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Institution Summary, Pocahontas School District". AdvancED. Retrieved 8 December 2012.
|This Arkansas school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|