|Privately held company|
|Products||E-book readers, multimedia readers and Android-based tablet computers|
|Revenue||$ 151 million (2010)|
Number of employees
|230 (July 2013)|
PocketBook is a multinational company which produces e-book readers based on E Ink technology (an electronic paper technology), as well as multimedia readers and Android-based tablet computers, under the PocketBook brand.
Development and manufacture
The devices are assembled at the Foxconn, Wisky, Yitoa and other factories.
The company's products are sold in 30 countries worldwide – in Central, Eastern, and Western Europe, in Russia and Baltic and Commonwealth of Independent States countries, as well as in Australia, Israel, New Zealand, and others. As of December 2013[update], PocketBook claimed it had sold over two million e-reader and tablet devices.
|September 2008||The company starts shipping its first e-reader, the PocketBook 301. The model became the top-selling device in Russia (the total volume of sold devices exceeded 100,000) according to 2009-2010 results.|
|January 2009||Release of PocketBook's second e-reader, the PocketBook 360° - that is the world's first e-book reading device created based on the comments from the-eBook.org community, a popular forum in Russian dedicated to e-books.|
|March 2009||PocketBook 302 Cookie – the world's first e-reader supporting Bluetooth wireless data transfer protocol.|
|November 2010||PocketBook IQ 701  – a multimedia e-book reader running the Android operating system. In 2011 PocketBook IQ 701 became the second top-selling device in Russia after the iPad.|
|December 2010||Market launch of PocketBook Pro 602 and PocketBook Pro 902.|
|February 2011||PocketBook launches the world's first e-book readers with a smartphone set of wireless interfaces (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G) – PocketBook Pro 603 and 903.|
|May 2011||Market launch of PocketBook 360 Plus – an updated version of the PocketBook 360 model with Wi-Fi support and more powerful architecture. Three versions of the PocketBook 360 were ultimately produced – 360, 360+ and 360+ New.|
|September 2011||Production of PocketBook devices starts at the specially designated production line at a Foxconn factory.|
|October 2011||Market launch of PocketBook A10 – a tablet computer running Android 2.3.5, exhibited for the first time at IFA 2011 in Berlin, Germany.|
|December 2011||Market launch of PocketBook Basic – an e-book reader which became one of the top ten best-selling and most recommended eReaders in the French retail chain Pixmania following the results of 2011.|
|February 2012||Market launch of PocketBook A 7" – a multimedia e-book reader that runs Android 2.3.7.|
|March 2012||Market launch of PocketBook Touch  - an e-reader with a multi-sensor 6-inch E Ink Pearl display.|
|September 2012||At the international IFA exhibition in Berlin, PocketBook introduces two new devices:
• PocketBook Basic New — an improved version of PocketBook Basic 611 • PocketBook SURFpad — a tablet computer running Android 4.0.4., which became one of the first devices with the pre-installed Yandex.Store app store.
|April 2013||The company presented a new premium product line:
• PocketBook Colour Lux – the world's first color E Ink e-reader with built-in light • PocketBook Touch Lux – an e-reader with Pearl HD display and frontlight • PocketBook SURFpad 2 – a multimedia device running Android 4.0.4
|July 2013||Release of PocketBook Mini a 5-inch slim and compact E Ink e-reader|
|October 2013||The presentation of new devices at IFA 2013 international exhibition in Berlin:
• PocketBook CoverReader  – the first flip-cover with E Ink screen for smartphones • PocketBook Basic Touch – E Ink reader with a «film touch» technology based screen, And also two Android tablets PocketBook SURFpad 3 (7,85") and PocketBook SURFpad 3 (10").
|November 2013||The company presents PocketBook Touch Lux (Limited edition)|
|December 2013||Presentation of the new construction-oriented device PocketBook CAD Reader  with EPD E Ink Fina screens at Autodesk University international exhibition in Los Angeles, USA. The CAD Reader has remained vaporware ever since.|
|PocketBook Basic 2 - a 6-inch E Ink e-reader represented|
|January 2014||PocketBook Touch Lux 2 - E Ink e-reader with frontlight represented|
|March 2014||The company announced the first serial waterproof and dust protected E Ink e-reader – PocketBook Aqua |
|PocketBook Pro 912,
Basic 611, Touch
|Pixmania ||Pixmania Top 10 Sales||France (2012)|
|PocketBook Touch||Computer Bild||Best eReader in Europe ||Germany (2012)|
|PocketBook A10||Red Dot 2012 Awards||Best product design ||Germany (2012)|
|PocketBook Touch||Tablet PC ||Winner of testing of new e-book readers with multisensor displays||Germany (2012)|
|PocketBook Touch, PocketBook Basic, PocketBook Basic New||PC Format ||Winner of e-book reader rating||Poland (2012)|
|PocketBook A 10’’ 3G||Consumer Electronics & Photo Expo ||Product of the Year 2012 (Mobile and Digital Devices)||Russia (2012)|
|PocketBook Pro 612||PC Magazine/RE||Russia: Best of the Best 2011 (E-book readers) ||Russia (2012)|
|PocketBook Touch Lux||allesebook.de||Best E Ink Reader ||Germany (2013)|
|PocketBook Touch Lux||Tablet PC ||Best E Ink Reader||Germany (2013)|
|PocketBook SURFpad 2||The-eBook Quality Guarantee ||Best tablet||Russia (2013)|
|PocketBook SURFpad 2||allesebook.de||Test winner ||Germany (2013)|
|PocketBook Touch Lux||SFT Magazins ||Best E Ink reader||Germany (2013)|
|PocketBook Mini||Tablet PC ||Best E Ink reader||Germany (2013)|
|PocketBook SURFpad 3 (7,85’’)||Tablet PC ||Best E Ink reader||Germany (2013)|
|PocketBook Touch Lux||The-eBook Championship 2013||Best E Ink reader ||Russia (2013)|
|PocketBook Mini||The-eBook Championship 2013||Best E Ink reader ||Russia (2013)|
|PocketBook Touch Lux 2||Red Dot 2014||Best product design ||Germany (2014)|
- BookLand – an electronic platform from PocketBook with a goal to sell fiction, educational, and reference literature, as well as periodical publications in electronic format. BookLand offers more than 1,500,000 titles of electronic content in 17 languages.
- KidRead – a project which helps to manage the time a child spends on a mobile device. This application was created to get children more involved in reading as well as to monitor and test a child's literary knowledge. The KidRead project consists of the website kidread.com and Android application for multimedia readers and tablet computers.
- ReadRate – a search-and-recommend service whose main goal is to help users to select books. The ReadRate online platform may help users with information on the most popular books and inform them about book ratings, literary preferences, feedback, and reviews by other users.
- "Russia's e-book boom is a page-turner", The Daily Telegraph, February 25, 2011
- PocketBook and Plastic Logic team up to develop the next PocketBook CoverReader
- PocketBook has sold 2 million units January 21, 2014
- "PocketBook 301 Plus: Review and Video Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- Review of the PocketBook 360° eReader – Lean, Light, Beautiful and Blazing Fast
- "PocketBook IQ Tablet (701) Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 602 Review, News, and Videos". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 603 Wireless eReader with Wacom Touchscreen". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 903 9.7" Wireless eReader Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "PocketBook 360 Plus Review and Video Review". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "New PocketBook A10 Android 2.3 Tablet (Video) - The eBook Reader Blog". the-ebook-reader.com.
- "Pocketbook Touch 622 Revealed". goodereader.com. 2 March 2012.
- "Review of the Pocketbook Color Lux eReader". goodereader.com. 24 July 2013.
- "Pocketbook Touch Lux e-Reader – First Look". goodereader.com. 22 May 2013.
- Hoffelder, Nate (26 June 2013). "PocketBook 515 eReader to Launch Next Month, Will Cost $90". the-digital-reader.com.
- "Review of the Pocketbook Cover for Samsung Galaxy Phones". goodereader.com. 9 January 2014.
- "First Look at the Pocketbook CAD". goodereader.com. 9 January 2014.
- "New PocketBook Aqua Might be a Good Vacation e-Reader". goodereader.com. 27 February 2014.
- "PocketBook Touch". computerbild.de.
- PocketBook A10 Tablet PC
- "PCMag Russian Edition". pcmag.ru.
- El-Heliebi, Chalid. "TEST: PocketBook Touch Lux". allesebook.de.
- "Лучшие гаджеты 2013 года по версии Hi-Tech.Mail.Ru". mail.ru.
- El-Heliebi, Chalid. "Alle Infos zum PocketBook SURFpad 2 - ALLESebook.de". allesebook.de.
- "The-eBook : Новости : Победители чемпионата The-eBook". the-ebook.org. 25 December 2013.
- PocketBook Touch Lux 2 e-reader