Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
Pocono Summit Railroad Station
|• Total||16.1 sq mi (42 km2)|
|• Land||15.4 sq mi (40 km2)|
|• Water||.7 sq mi (2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,804 ft (550 m)|
|• Density||180/sq mi (71/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Pocono Summit is a small town (Census Class Code U6) located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States. Parts of Pocono Summit are located in the municipalities of Coolbaugh and Tobyhanna townships.
Pocono Summit is located at(41.111, -75.386).
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,964 people living in the area.
The area also includes portions of Pennsylvania State Game Lands 127.
Until the early 1960s, the Lackawanna Railroad's and then the Erie Lackawanna Railroad's Lake Cities, Phoebe Snow and Twilight made stops westbound at the Pocono Summit station; the Phoebe Snow and the Pocono Express made stops eastbound at the station. In the latter years of Erie Lackawanna passenger train through the Poconos, Pocono Summit was the last remaining station, between Scranton to the northwest and Cresco to the east, to have service, offering a stop on the Lake Cities westbound.
- "Pocono Mountain West High School". Pocono Mountain School District. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Campminsi.org". Camp Minsi. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- 'Lackawanna Railroad timetable, January 1, 1960, Table 3, 6 http://streamlinermemories.info/Eastern/Lackawanna60TT.pdf
- 'Official Guide of the Railways,' December 1964, Erie Lackawanna section, p. 247
- Erie Lackawanna June 15, 1969 timetable, Table 1