Xiaomi Pocophone F1
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 front
|First released||August 2018|
|Dimensions||H: 155.5 mm (6.12 in) |
W: 75.3 mm (2.96 in)
D: 8.8 mm (0.35 in)
|Mass||182 g (6.4 oz) |
Armored 187 g (6.6 oz)
|Operating system||MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0)|
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)|
|Storage||256 GB/8 GB RAM |
64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 256 GB|
|Battery||4000 mAh non-removable Li-Po (Quick Charge™ 3.0)|
|Display||6.18 inches (96.2 cm²) 1080 x 2246 pixels (403 ppi), 18,7:9 ratio, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1500:1 contrast ratio|
|Rear camera||12 MP (f/1.9, 1.4 μm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, Video: 2160p@30fps, 2160p@60fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@30fps|
|Front camera||20 MP, HDR, Video: 1080p@30fps|
|Connectivity||2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|Other||AGPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, LiquidCool Technology|
The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (Xiaomi Poco F1 in India) is a smartphone developed by Xiaomi Inc, announced on 22 August 2018 in New Delhi, India. It is part of Xiaomi's line of mid-range devices. This device is available globally in limited numbers, but in India it has broader availability.
The Pocophone F1 runs on a Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) processor with a Adreno 630 to handle graphics. It features a 6.18" IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen screen with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 and a resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The display also has a wide notch at the top. There is also the Gorilla Glass protection but exact version was not confirmed.
The Pocophone F1 has dual rear cameras based on Sony's EXMOR RS (stacked CMOS) IMX363 1/2.55" sensor with 12 MP, f/1.9 aperture and 1.4 µm pixel size. It has dual pixel face Detection Auto Focus (PDAF). The secondary camera acts as a depth sensor with 5 MP, aperture f/2.0 and pixel size of 1.12 µm and a dual-LED flash. The camera has HDR and panorama options. Video can be made in 2160p@60fps, 1080p@60fps (gyro-EIS), or 1080p@960fps mode. The camera has a manual mode as well; users can adjust white balance (presets and light temperature), set a shutter speed (1/1000s to 32s) and ISO (100-3200). There is also a manual focus with focus peaking. A software update in January 2019 added 960fps slo-mo video recording and night mode.
At the front, the device features a 20 MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture and 0.9 µm pixel size, which has HDR software and analytic capabilities coupled with 2μm large pixel (4-in-1 Super Pixel) technology. Selfie software includes AI Beautify 4.0 and precise bokeh effects. Video can be recorded at 1080p@30fps. There is also an infrared light sensor and infrared camera for facial recognition.
The Pocophone F1 comes with internal storage options of 256GB/8GB RAM (China version) or 64/128 GB with 6 GB RAM; both have expandable memory through a microSD card up to 256 GB which uses up the second SIM slot.
The Pocophone F1 has a 4000 originally 3900 mAh Li-Po battery. The battery is 18W ″Quick Charge™ 3.0″ type developed by Qualcomm where charging (USB Type-C port) is vastly superior to standard USB. It has 94 h of endurance as tested by GSMarena.
Since it was announced in August 2018, it instantly became Xiaomi's bestseller with 700,000 units sold until 6th December 2018. It was the top rated smartphone of Q3 2018 in India. In October 2018, it was announced that Xiaomi would be bringing the Pocophone to South Korea. It was released on November 19th, 2018.
The Pocophone F1 received very positive reviews. It is commonly mentioned as a flagship smartphone at a bargain price. Among the pros are a good camera and a strong battery. The Pocophone F1 was the runner-up of MKBHD's blind smartphone camera test in 2018. It also received a score of 91 from DxOMark, placing it in between the iPhone 8 and the Google Pixel.
- "Xiaomi POCO F1's stable Android Pie update is rolling out". xda-developers.com. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- "Watch the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 announcement live here". Digital Trends. 2018-08-22. Archived from the original on 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Pocophone F1 by Xiaomi review". gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Smartphone Review". notebookcheck.net. Archived from the original on 2018-10-11. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Pocophone F1 Review". trustedreviews.com. Archived from the original on 2018-10-19. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Poco F1 Specifications, Features and Price". techlomedia gadgets.
- "The Pocophone F1 finally gets 960fps slo-mo video recording and night mode". gsmArena. 18 January 2019. Retrieved 19 January 2019.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1". gsmarena.com. Archived from the original on 2018-10-24. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Quick Charge 3.0 Battery Charger ICs". www.qualcomm.com. Qualcomm. Archived from the original on 2018-10-11. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Xiaomi sells 700,000 Pocophone F1 units in 3 months". www.gsmarena.com. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "The Blind Smartphone Camera Test 2018". YouTube. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Xiaomi Pocophone F1 camera review". dxomark.com. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xiaomi Pocophone F1.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taken with Xiaomi Pocophone F1.|