|Type||Enterprise collaboration software|
Podio supplies a web-based platform for organizing team communication, business processes, data and content in project management workspaces. Users can also select business "apps" from an online app store or build their own according to project needs.
Podio was founded in Denmark as Hoist by Jon Froda, Anders Pollas and Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen in early 2009. Thomas Madsen-Mygdal joined as chairman. The company signed up its first customers in August 2009 and was joined by Kasper Hulthin as co-founder.
In April 2012, Citrix acquired Podio.
In June 2015, Podio added two additional plans: Podio Plus (Advanced project processes and workflows) and Podio Premium (Priority support) to offer them to its expanded customer base.
PC Magazine has given Podio an Editor’s Choice award  and selected it as one of The Best Online Collaboration Software of 2016, saying "Podio is an extremely flexible and highly customizable online hub for work and communication. Because it's so user friendly and scales easily for growing businesses, it's an Editors' Choice.".
References and notes
- Takahashi, Dean (March 24, 2012). "Podio launches a work app builder and business store". VentureBeat. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Butcher, Mike (September 2, 2010). "Look out Yammer - Podio emerges with full business social network". TechCrunch. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Wasserman, Todd (March 22, 2011). "Pop-Up Store Creates Buzz for Software Firm Podio". Mashable. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- King, Rachel (September 20, 2011). "Podio mobile app enables users to build own productivity apps". ZDNet. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Leske, Nicola (April 11, 2012). "Citrix Systems buys online work platform podio". Reuters. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Podio Project Collaboration adds Plus and Premium Plan". ProjectManagementBestSoftware.com. June 25, 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- Duffy, Jill (December 17, 2015). "Podio Review & Rating". PC Magazine. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- Duffy, Jill (September 7, 2016). "The Best Online Collaboration Software of 2016". PC Magazine. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 6 November 2016.