|Type||Enterprise collaboration software|
Podio supplies a web-based platform for organizing team communication, business processes, data and content in project management workspaces. Users can also select business "apps" from an online app store or build their own according to project needs.
Podio was founded as Hoist by Jon Froda, Anders Pollas and Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen in early 2009. Thomas Madsen-Mygdal joined as chairman. The company signed up its first customers in August 2009 and was joined by Kasper Hulthin as co-founder.
In April 2012, Citrix acquired Podio.
In June 2015, Podio added two additional plans: Podio Plus (Advanced project processes and workflows) and Podio Premium (Priority support) to offer them to its expanded customer base.
A Podio account is a template for objects with a given number of customizable fields. Field types include text (single- and multi-line), numeric, category (enumeration of fixed values), date, duration, progress percentage, monetary value, image, link, map location, contact and relationship with other objects. Any object can also store file attachments, tags, votes, a rating, and tasks associated with the object. Once objects are added to the app's collection via data entry or imported from an Excel spreadsheet, they can be displayed in several layouts: card, badge and table. Filtering and basic calculations are available.
A Podio app for tracking expenses and reimbursements might have the following fields: name, date, details, cost, image (photo of the receipt), status ("submitted", "under review", "approved", "rejected"). When a new object of this type is created, a task can automatically be dispatched to users in the system to review the expense and approve or reject it.
- Software as a service
- Collaboration software
- Project management software
- Comparison of file hosting services
- Cloud storage
- Cloud collaboration
- Enterprise social software
References and notes
- Takahashi, Dean (March 24, 2012). "Podio launches a work app builder and business store". VentureBeat. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Butcher, Mike (September 2, 2010). "Look out Yammer - Podio emerges with full business social network". TechCrunch. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Wasserman, Todd (March 22, 2011). "Pop-Up Store Creates Buzz for Software Firm Podio". Mashable. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- King, Rachel (September 20, 2011). "Podio mobile app enables users to build own productivity apps". ZDNet. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Leske, Nicola (April 11, 2012). "Citrix Systems buys online work platform podio". Reuters. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Podio Project Collaboration adds Plus and Premium Plan". ProjectManagementBestSoftware.com. June 25, 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.