|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||441382|
Poe was first named Williamsport, in honor of landowner William Essig, but it was changed because the U.S. postal authorities refused to accept that name, there being another post office in the state with a similar name.
Poe is located at.
Poe has a downtown. In 1995 Kamath quoted an area resident who stated that Poe's downtown had much less activity than it had previously.
The fire department building moved onto land donated by an area individual in the 1960s.
In 1956 the Poe Southwestern Telephone Association was issuing One share of Capital Stock for $25 per share.
Poe and Hoagland share a Methodist congregation, Hope United Methodist Church, located outside of the Hoagland CDP. There were previously two separate congregations, Poe (Williamsport) United Methodist Church and Hoagland United Methodist Church (originally Middletown Methodist Church), which merged into Hope in 1995. The former Poe church was to be converted for residential use.
Poe Days is an annual celebration to help fund the fire department; some visitors are from Hoagland. The Hi Ho Inn Tavern is a place of socialization. Some Poe residents go to Hoagland's June festival.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Poe, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved February 16, 2020.
- Kamath, Namita (1997-02-16). "Tiny Poe is big on conservation". The Journal Gazette. - METRO section - See preview
- Griswold, Bert Joseph; Taylor, Mrs. Samuel R. (1917). The Pictorial History of Fort Wayne, Indiana: A Review of Two Centuries of Occupation of the Region about the Head of the Maumee River. Robert O. Law Company. p. 621.
- "Allen County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved February 16, 2020.
- Capital Stock Certificate number 165 dated 12 February, 1956 Signed by William Schluesemeien, Secretary and Paul E. Keller, President
- "District Boundary Map" (PDF). East Allen County Schools. Retrieved 2020-04-03. - Find Poe's location on this map to trace which school it is assigned to.
- "Village of Poe Figure". Allen County Regional Water & Sewer District. Retrieved 2020-04-04. - Closeup of townsite
- "Contact us". Hope United Methodist Church. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
6608 Hoagland Road Hoagland, Indiana 46745
- "ALLEN COUNTY, INDIANA, CONGREGATIONAL RECORDS, HISTORIES, AND DIRECTORIES, IN THE GENEALOGY CENTER COLLECTION ALLEN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY" (PDF). The Genealogy Center, Allen County Public Library. Retrieved 2020-04-04.